Chapter 8

She finally spoke once they were at his place. She ate take out from Chinese. He was looking out for her. Chase decided to start a conversation about what she had seen. Only asking what she was doing and what happened. She told him what happened from the beginning. He listened to every word she said.

"Carly, you may be experiencing what is called post dramatic stress the mind will hallucinate things into reality, but on another scenario, if this man is, powerful," he paused she didn't think he knew about her. She got scared.

"I mean if he was so to speak, he could have been playing with you, scaring into your own death, but the better scenario would be pds," he said. She hated that she was seeing things. But maybe what he said about playing with her. She thought more about that one.

"Anyway, it's getting late you can sleep in either bedroom, I don't care which one, you can even take mine if you want I'm sleeping in the living room tonight," he said. She looked at him in shock.

"But I dont want to intrude-"

"Stop saying that Carly I want to keep an eye on you that's all," he said.

She nodded and agreed to take his room. She wouldn't feel comfortable all the way upstairs. He understood. So he gave her a pair of black and grey sweatpants, and a black t-shirt to sleep in. He couldn't believe how they fit. She was the right size for them.

Bedtime was not as great for her. She tossed and turned but couldn't sleep. She liked knowing he was watching out for her but hated that his room was taken by her. She knew he meant well but didn't know why he was doing this for her. She laid thinking about him for the longest. She realized that he was only doing what's best for her because they were close.

She then got up from the bed and grabbed her phone. She looked at the time. 12:45. He might have been asleep by now. She opened the door slowly to see if he was laying on the couch. He wasn't there. Where could he be? She wondered into the living room, and through the kitchen. He was not there.

She grabbed a water from the refrigerator that he had, Fiji, she loved Fiji. She took a drink of it and set it back in the refrigerator. She turned around and began walking out of the kitchen. She noticed the front door was open. She didn't want to see what he was doing but it would be nice to know he was still alive.

She peeped out the door but didn't see him outside. She was tired and cold and didn't see the point in even trying to go out there and find him. He could take care of himself. Or she hoped he could. So she made her way into his room again.

*Morning came early for her. She had went to sleep at 1am but woke up at 10am. There was a hardy breakfast on the beside waiting for her. A note placed on the platter from Chase.

'Fixed you eggs, bacon, toast and a side of oranges this morning enjoy it, I went to run errands and make yourself at home, your clothes are in the bathroom if you need to shower be back around 11am. -Chase

She ate her meal in peace and drank her water. He must have known she didn't drink cokes. Only coffee. Which he had on the platter. He was so sweet and kind to her. He actually paid attention. Sam on the other hand he pretended to be nice but she knew he was a snake.

A shower was just what she needed. It called her nerves. She had taken a warm shower and dressed herself in the same outfit she had worn the day before. He had washed all but the jacket. She liked Chase. He was a sweetheart. And sensitive.

She ran downstairs her hair now dry, she had that ability since she could shove people with her hands, that was caused by wind. She had no idea where that power came from. When she got downstairs Chase was sitting at the table reading his lecture.

"Good morning," she said in a smiley happy tune. He looked behind him and smiled.

"Well good morning there sunshine how'd you sleep," he asked. She smiled and joined him.

"Better than I have in ages, and the wake up breakfast call was great," she said. He smiled thanked her.

"No lecture today, or are we going to class late," she asked him. He told her classes were delayed.

"What, why what about our book club, and oh no I didn't go to work yesterday-"

"I took care of everything and the book club is meeting here tonight," he said. He began looking over his papers again.

"Wait, what," she asked. He finally told her the truth.

"Two more girls were murdered last night, the murderer carved 'witch' into their chests, classes were canceled today, but we can't be anywhere near campus until they found the man who did so, my errands were grabbing my books from campus, we are meeting here tonight," he said. She didn't realize how bad this had gotten and he wasn't after them she knew what he was after. He wanted her.

"What about the book store, we could have it there it has plenty of space," she said. He hadn't thought of that and she was the manager of it.

"Hmm, I guess we could, I'll call everyone tell them to pair up, and meet us there at 2," he said.

This was the first step, the second was more challenging.