Chapter 11

Carly stayed in her apartment for two day, packing up things she'd need to take, clothes book, shoes and bathroom accessories she might need. She had old pictures. One especially if her and her mother before her mother passed away. She was 11 and they were in the yard playing racket ball. Carly won of course. But her mother usually let her v

Memories flooded back to her, of when she first taught her how to use her power. They were in her fathers study one day looking at old textbooks when Carly pictured the book she was looking for flying through the air. And it happened. Her mother told her then how she could control her power.

"Always be kind and peaceful, never vengeful," she said hearing her mothers voice speak. She knew how to control it but how would she remain calm in certain situations?

When she was finished packing the last of her things, Chase met her outside. He grabbed the last box of books she had and put them in the trunk. Macy had been moved in since the after she found about her. Carly allowed herself to stay strong knowing she was moving from the one place she felt at home from. She'd been there almost three years. Ever since her parents passing.

"Carly you made it," Macy yelled as Carly entered into their new home. She grabbed her up hugging her. Carly was wearing a dark pair of slit jeans and a white t-shirt. Macy was wearing a black sweater dress and a pair of grey leggings.

"Nice outfit I like your style," Carly said. She was being honest. In some weird way Carly adored Macy's outfit. Her style was the same as her own In a way.

"Okay I stocked up on clothes the past few days, only because if I'm keeping myself human for a while I need to be covered from head to toe," Macy said.

"Okay ladies, how about I order take-out, and you can settle in and then we can visit the museum director," Chase said speaking to Carly. Macy was confused but Carly explained what happened.

Later that night when Carly had unpacked her things, she noticed a man standing outside talking to Chase. She seen he had dark hair, and was wearing blue jeans, and a dark thermal. She wondered who he was. She noticed also, Chase was talking but moving his hands as he did so. He must have been either giving directions, or going off about something.

She didn't wait a minute more before going into her closet to get some sleeping clothes. Black and grey bottoms that stretched. And a grey tank top. She quickly ran to the bathroom and turned the water on warm. She stripped off her clothes and jumped in the shower.

The bathroom had a walk in bath and shower. It had two sinks and one toilet. It was a good size bathroom. It was painted ivory with marble tile floor. The sink counter was made of light marble. She really didn't like light colored anything but she liked the bathroom.

Once she bathed she jumped out covering herself. She just so happened to look at the mirror and what she seen scared her to no limits. The window was open, letting cold air in. The bathroom door shut and not locked. And written on the mirror, 'Witch.'

She didn't say a word. She studied the writing. He was very familiar somehow. His writing, she'd seen before. But how did he get in a two story window without having a ladder. She didn't see any sign of one. She didn't waist anytime on it. She closed the window and got dressed quickly. She wiped the mirror off so no one else could see it.

She quickly hurried back to her room not waisting any time. What she had just seen was very disturbing. And he could have killed her but didn't. He was writing a message to her. He knew where she was. He could always feel where she'd be. She had no intentions on telling Chase or Macy. They would freak out and want her to partner up with them.

She laid down resting her tired and sore body. And before she knew it she was out like a light.

Darkness. That's all she seen. She heard people screaming and crying but seen nothing. She heard the laugh of a man that she once knew. She seen a figure from the darkness. He was here with her. He was standing in front of her waiting. He wanted her to come to him. She had to help those innocent people.

"Witch," he whispered. It sent chills up her spine. She looked around but seen just darkness. Nothing else. She tried to run but every time she turned she seen him. She wanted to face him but she was afraid of what she might see.

"Come," he whispered to her. She didn't want to listen but he was inside her head. She knew that voice. She knew who he was but couldn't place a name. She was frightened. Her heart racing and racing gave her fear a new meaning.

"Leave me alone," she yelled to him. He chuckled. She could hear his echoes. The same ones she'd heard before, in a dream. She was only nine the first time. She knew this man. But who was he?

"I don't think so," he said making the chills from her spine travel to her feet. She definitely knew him. She tried to figure out who he was. She tried remembering who she'd known before. But she couldn't. She didn't see him.

"Please just leave us alone," she pleaded. He laughed. His laugh was treacherous. And he knew he had her where he wanted her, alone and weak.

"You will die," he said as he ran towards her. She opened her mouth to scream. Nothing came out. Not one screech from her lips. He was getting closer and closer and closer-

She bolted up quickly. She knew him. But she couldn't think of who he was.

"The museum director," she said, "he'd know."