Chapter 2

She went to work that day. Everything went smoothly. She was manager of the place and her boss told her she could have Tuesday's and Friday's off. He tried to get her to take three days off and she couldn't. She liked her work to much. Besides something had to pay bills. It wasn't going to be her laying around doing nothing.

She came in to Macy sleeping on the love seat. She grabbed her a made bologna sandwich and a water. After eating she took a quick shower and decided to go to bed. For a Monday it seemed more like a Wednesday. Her phone alarm was set for 9am. So she wast late again.

She woke up feeling like normal. She was restless but alert. Her alarm scared her half to death. Macy was trying to tell her something but God only knew what. She was meowing like crazy. She flicked her television on to see that the weather was pretty rough. It pouring rain. And thundering. These storms would be bad for the next few days. And she had to walk to the bus stop which was two blocks from her apartment.

Slipping a pair of black skinny jeans and a grey loose T-shirt with her converse, she grabbed her a piece of toast and an apple. She drank some mineral water. And then headed for the door. Her umbrella was a bit smaller than she remembered. She opened it up and headed out of the apartment. She had left Macy enough food for the whole day.

The professor was driving down her street when he came upon her. She wished she had bought a car already. It would have been easier. He stopped when he seen her struggling to keep her umbrella in her hand. He was driving a black cobalt and it was nice.

"Hey, Carly," he said loudly she inside and seen him. She said hello back.

"Need a lift, I'll be glad to give you a ride?" He said. She thought on it and she was in the car in less than four seconds.

"Thanks, Mr.Danford," she said. He chuckled.

"When we are out of school call me Chase," he said. She looked at him then brought the sun visor down to fix herself. He chuckled again at her. He thought she was beautiful already. But he didn't say that.

"You look fine believe me, no worse than when I got out in it," she smiled and put the visor back up.

"So Chase, do you usually take this street," she asked him. He smiled and nodded.

"Yep, every morning about 10:15 I pass this street, but it's not everyday I see a young lady being beat up by rain," they laughed together.

She realized that she and the professor were being friendly with each other. And she had never had a real friend before. It was, good to be able to laugh with someone other than your cat. And yet she always did. He noticed her smile and smiled along with her. He liked this friendship. He had never had a friend in his students before.

When they got to school the rain slowed down. They rushed inside together and he ran to his classroom. She grabbed her books and began running through the hall. She was almost in the room when she accidentally ran into someone. She fell to the floor. He looked down at her.

"Well, looks like a young lady had fallen for me, let me help you," the dark haired brown eyed guy said lending his hand. She thanked him.

"I'm Sam," he said. His hair was above his shoulder he looked native.

"Carly," she said. He smiled. She smiled. This was not the time to be flirty so she excused herself into the classroom.

"Carly, so swell of you to be on time," Chase laughed. She laughed and took her seat. Oh great, Sam was in this class. Wait that's the boy who threw that paper yesterday. Great he sits right behind her.

"Now who can tell me the two brothers that rivaled over a Thealines affection in the 100bc era," Chase asked the class. I knew it but didn't want to embarrass myself.

"No one how about Carly," he said. I almost choked when he called on me.

"Well sir, their names were Harlos, and Darvis, they weren't blood brothers they were step brothers and Harlos won her heart because he was so kind and sweet to her when Darvis was rude and obnoxious, and tried being nice, but she seen right through him," she spoke. Again surprised at how much she really knew about these things.

"Great, now as far as..."

His voice faded to her. She wandered if Harlos and Darvis actually battled for her or if she just had it in her heart to choose one. That would be easier. And that was the way she'd do it. She thought that If Darvis was nice on the outside but rude and snotty on the inside, then how didn't Thealine not see it. She wandered if she could even see through it. If she had to maybe but could she really?