Chapter 10

Carly was so confused that she had almost lost all control. She thought she was imagining things again. She was pacing back and forth. Macy was naked with just a sheet and she had texted the one person that might understand why this was happening.

"Carly," Chase ran into her apartment. She yelled for him to come into the bedroom. He had on a pair of jeans, sneakers a navy blue thermal and black leather jacket.

"Carly what," he paused when he seen the girl, "who's the naked lady."

"Can I tell to you in, private," she asked grabbing his arm. She pulled him out into the living room. She shut the door and began telling him the whole story.

"She said she's Macy," Carly said. He looked confused.

"Your cat," he asked. She shook her head. He snickered under his breath.

"What's so funny, she said it not me," Carly asked. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry look let's talk to her and see what she wants okay," he said. She nodded and walked back into the room. Macy had put on a navy blue and grey striped shirt and a pair of dark denim jeans.

"Okay so who are you and what are you doing in my house," Carly asked. Macy looked disappointed.

"Carly, it's me for the second time, it's Macy your cat, well actually I was brought here as a cat to protect you until you needed me most then I was suppose to turn human so that you can-"

"Okay wait you were here to protect me, as a cat, this sounds-"

"Not impossible Carly," Chase spoke. Macy was confused. And Carly could y believe what she was hearing.

"Look this man said he was looking for a witch he obviously thinks you're it so maybe Greek mythology is more than a myth, no one proved it wrong," he said. Macy nodded smiling at her.

"Okay so you're saying this girl could be my cat, who was sent to protect me against some guy obsessed with non existing witches," she said playing it cool. Maybe he didn't know about her yet. Or maybe she was kidding herself.

"Oh but Carly you're powerful, I've seen it," Macy said. Carly looked at her and shook her head.

"Carly I already know," Chase said. She looked at him.

"What," she said Macy sat down on the bed. Chase shook his head.

"Yeah, I know you can shove people with your mind and that for some reason air comes from your hand and that you know things no one else does," he said. She was so shocked.

"How-"

"I'm powerful too Carly, I've got the power to read minds and walk through things, that's how I got in," he said. She was not shocked she was confused.

"But why did you keep this from me," she asked. He shrugged.

"Why did you," he asked. She understood now. He thought he'd be different from everyone else that he'd be treated different.

"Okay now, I have something to say," Macy said. Carly looked at her and decided she didn't want to listen. She told her to keep it to herself. This was to much for her to handle.

"Carly-"

"No just don't Chase this is just out of control its to much," she said stopping him from saying anything.

"Carls come on give her a chance to speak," he said. She liked that nickname. She adored it. And he sent chills through her.

Macy explained how she was hundreds of years old. She looked after all the others too. Her mom when she was young, her mom before her. All of the women were watched after by Macy and they were just as stubborn as Carly. Macy told her of how she came to help her harness her power and control it better. And that she could help Chase to since he was the same way.

"Okay fine whatever but you can't stay here I don't have enough room for two of us," Carly said. Chase thought on it. His house was big enough. He could let both of them stay if he wanted to. And boy did he want Carly too.

"You both can come stay with me I've got the room and we can all be close to each other,in case something happens," Chase said. Carly looked at him as if he were crazy.

"And what about my apartment I can't pack up and leave," She said. He had a plan for that too.

"Okay then we will bag your things take it with us and leave all the big stuff behind, let them rent it with all the bedding and things," he said. Good idea but she didn't want to just move on him forever.

"Carly come on, this is the guy you set up thinking about at night, the one you said was your best friend," Macy said he smiled at her. Carly thought about it for a few minutes.

"Fine, but I call the closest room to the stairs," she said.

"Agreed," Macy said.