Chapter 16

"Wait what," Chase said confused. Carly have him the letter and let him see for himself. He didn't believe it at first but then when he got to thinking about it, he realized that she could very well still be alive.

"So if she's alive then where is she hiding," Sam asked. Max grabbed the letter from Chase and gave it to Carly.

"Read it," he said. She nodded and took a breath.

"Father, I know it may seem sad now, but it will get better, those weeping tears will no longer cry for me, if you get this it means I'm gone, to be safe let Carly grow up not knowing who you are, only that you were a great man, and when you read this know I'm in a safer place, it means I'm not millions of miles away. I'm always watching over you and Carly, I'll never leave you alone, so, please know that I'm safe now, the witch hunter may have gotten to me before but he will never hurt me again, tell Carly I said to remember when we use to go out on Sunday's to her favorite Coffee house, and when we'd sit up for ours talking about how men are pigs tell her to remember those things, only the good things, and tell her I love her, and that I'm always with her no matter what happens, yours truly Marcy."

Carly began to remember all the things they use to do. And if her mother was hiding out it would be hard tracking her, especially since there was so much they had done together. But if she walked in on her mothers death then, who was lying in the floor. She didn't remember a funeral. She didn't remember a lot of things.

"Carly remember how we met up at Starbucks, and you said that woman reminded you of your mother," Chase said. Carly began to think the letter stated Starbucks. And didn't say she was in a better place only a safer place. Then Carly realized something.

"Oh my god mom was the waitress," Carly said. She almost didn't believe it when she heard it.

"So what do we do," Sam asked. Carly thought about it for a few minutes. Reading over the note. She had a plan but Chase wasn't going to like it.

"We go for coffee, and then follow her home, see where's she's staying," Carly said. Chase had to refuse.

"Look it's bad enough witch hunters didn't finish a job, now we are going to stake her out, they'll kill her for sure if they find out, it's a risk I'm not trying to take," he said. He was right but Carly
Wasn't having it.

"Chase this is my mother I've spent 8 years of my life without her and I don't plan on spending the rest of my life without her again," she spoke. Chase didn't like it.

"Well you're going to if you stake her out they'll know, he will follow you, they will eventually catch on," Chase said louder. Carly was getting upset.

"I will be careful and I can take care of her, I'll protect her," she said. Chase sighed. His blood was boiling.

"You can't even protect yourself he almost killed you if I hadn't showed up," he said a little louder. Carly snorted at him.

"Really. Do what now I'm supposed to listen to everything you say because you saved me unintentionally," she yelled. He was confused.

"No Carly I'm trying to be reasonable with you and show you it could be dangerous," he told her. He cared a lot about her. And she didn't care about herself at all. And he knew this.

"Reasonable Chase,  try living without your mother for eight years, try seeing your entire family ripped apart by witch hunters-"

"I HAVE CARLY," he yelled she shut up. He stepped back sighing. Fears filled his body. He'd never told anyone.

"I have seen my family ripped apart, by the witch hunters, I was sixteen and I was coming home from school and when I walked in they were dead, I ran as fast as I could to get away, I lived in an abandoned building work two jobs. And I finally got a degree in college for Greek history," he said. She had no idea. She knew he was right.  He was right about everything.

"Chase I didn't know," she said. He chuckled.

"No you know what, it's fine honestly I mean I tried tracking you down for a long time so that I could teach you what I know but you don't want to learn," he said he started to walk away but she grabbed his arm. No one said a word.

"Chase I'm sorry, okay please," she said. He turned once and what he said, opened her eyes.

"I know you are, because we share the same soul."

She watched him walk out of the living room and Into his room. No one in the room spoke to her. They all couldn't believe what just happened. It was as if the universe cracked open on her and she let the evil take over. Sylvia was a little surprised that this nice girl had just been not so nice.

She felt horrible. She had talked down to him and he'd been through hell. She didn't want to forgive herself for that. She knew Chase was right about everything. Her problem was, she was independent so long, she had no one telling her these things.

"I'm back what did I miss," Macy said coming through the door. They'd wandered where she'd been. Carly wasn't worried about it. She knew she could handle herself.

"Carly and Chase just got into it," Sam said. Macy dropped her hands to her side.

"He finally told her how he felt about her," she said. Carly looked up at Macy. She had no idea what she's was talking about.

"What do you mean," Carly asked. Macy knew then she'd messed up. She knew he hadn't said a word. And she knew if Chase found out he'd never let her hear the end of it.

"Oh, just that he thinks Carly is in need of protection, he feels like she needs us more than anyone, he didn't say anything did he," Macy said. She shrugged her shoulders. Carly was confused but didn't ask a thing.

"Well, he let me know a while ago that I needed to be protected," Carly said Macy grinned.

"Awe, he just cares about you Carly, you should be glad someone does, no one even knew I was gone all day," She said. That made Carly wander.

"What were you doing all day," Carly asked her.

"Talking with your mother."