Chapter 5

She tried to ignore him and walk on but his footsteps got louder and louder. She looked back walking faster and faster and he was almost up on her. She tried so hard to run, but she slipped on a slick piece of pavement.

When she looked up she seen him. He was right up on her. Inches from her trembling body. She was so afraid that her nerves got the best of her. He reached at her. She scooted back a few inches away from him. He pulled the knife closer to her. She took a deep breath letting out a hurling scream. Only no one could hear her. She was alone.

Once he had ahold of her, he began to talk to her. And what he said rang through her.

"I'm going to make you scream, I'm going to make your insides turn so bad that you'd wish you were dead, and then I'm going to end you," he said with a raspy voice.

"Let me go," she pleaded. He didn't care for her pleads. He wanted her blood on him. He took one song with his knife and cut into her left arm. She let out a hurling screech. No one even heard her.

"What do you want," she asked loudly. He chuckled.

"You, dead, witch," he said. Wait, he knew she was powerful and yet he messed with her.

With one fling of her hand, she sent him flying backwards into the air. She was so shocked she totally didn't see him get up and run, but there was something else. A car went by, slowing down. When she seen who it was she sighed a breath of relief. The car stopped and out came Chase.

"Oh my god, Carly are you okay, are are you hurt," he said running to her. She nodded but held her arm.

"He cut me, that was him he said he wanted to kill me, but I shoved him off and when he seen you he ran," she said. He looked at her arm. He had seen him run. That's why she told him, he was there.

"Come on, you can come to my place for a while, get you cleaned up," he said. She nodded and got in his car.

On the way there she said nothing. She didn't want to go back home, but she couldn't stay with Chase. Another thing was, he was hunting down people from the Greek history class.

His house was on the outskirts. It was a two story White House, with Columns on the porch. It was a simple house. On the inside, when you step in, you step into the living area that had a tan couch and love seat. A brown recliner. He had a flat screen '38. It was hung on the wall. The kitchen was to the right. There were three bedrooms one downstairs and two upstairs. Two bathrooms, one upstairs and one down.

"Okay let me take you to the big bathroom and get this arm cleaned," he said taking her hand and leading her arm. He led her to the bathroom that had a big bathroom, and a double sink.

He put alcohol on her arm so it wouldn't get infected. Then he placed gauze on it and taped it up. His touch sent chills down her spine. But she knew that it would be wrong to feel towards him. Even if it's not forbidden she had a lot going on. She didn't want to chance anything.

"So," Chase said.

"So anyway, thanks for your help but I should be getting home to Macy, she hates when I don't get home in time to feed her," she said to him she got up and bumped into him.

"Of course, can I drive you home," he asked.

"Sure I could use a lift," she said. He grabbed her arm.

"First would you like to grab coffee, I mean I can make you some or tea or hot chocolate," he asked. She smiled and nodded.

"Sure I'll take some hot chocolate," she said. He went into the kitchen and she followed after.

He fixed her hot chocolate and set it on the table as he sat next to her he felt relief that she was safe. The only thing, she was in danger. He already tried to kill her once and he would try again.

"I am so glad that you're okay," he said. They had a conversation about what happened and he was a bit upset.

"So, what's going to happen if you go home, did he say he knew who you were or where you lived," he asked. She shook her head even when he called her a witch.

"Well, there's not much you can do but go to the police, and I'm not sure they can do anything either," he said.

They discussed different things and when he knew she would be okay, he took her back home. He wanted her safe. He assured her if she needed something to call. She saved his number and she saved his.

She finally realized she had a best friend, and that was Chase.