Conditions Improving

Start from the beginning

"Hey, she is like her mother. They make empty threats. She is just pissed and then they cease-fire. Trust me."

Lip shook his head. "Do you even hear yourself sometimes man?"

"I don't know what you want me to do, Lip. Fawn...you knew how she was."

"The reason the way she is is because of her fucked up father. This isn't even about us. It's about your granddaughter!"

Tig licked his lips. "Give it a couple of weeks. It's all talk, trust me."

Lip looked at Tig in disgust. "Whatever."

"Jesus, this shit is expensive," Jax exclaimed in the middle of the baby store causing a few glares to be sent his and Delilah's way, which Delilah returned to them as Jax continued, "I don't understand this crib is $400 and on top of that I got to buy the mattress what kind of shit is that?"

"Kids are expensive, Jax," Delilah replied, turning her attention back to Jax, who was leaning over the rail of a crib and proceeding to check how sturdy it was.

Jax wasn't in his usual leather kutte for their trip in pricing baby furniture. He was just in a simple white t-shirt and jeans. It was almost weird for her to not see Jax in his omnipresent kutte. It almost made him seem like a different person. It made him look softer.

"Just wait until he is older. He is going to want every toy he sees, a dog, fish...the whole toy store, really," Delilah added as she watched Jax's tonearms flex with his movements as he wrote down the details to the crib they were interested in.

Jax placed the small notepad back in his pocket and walked back over to her where she was standing behind their cart. With his signature smirk plastered across his face, totally aware of the fact she was ogling him, he bent down and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. He placed his arm around her shoulder letting her direct where they would be going next.

Since that whole episode and her telling him, she wouldn't be the one to turn a blind eye to the other girls she felt their relationship had improved if it had only been two weeks since. She wasn't saying that everything was perfect. She knew they still had many more issues that they had yet to discuss and she knew once Abel was here it would truly test their relationship. A part of her was a little frightened of what would happen to them with Abel being in the picture. There was a difference in anticipating something than when it arrived. She didn't think Jax would bail on her and mostly that assurance came from the fact she knew Gemma would castrate her son for even thinking about abandoning his family.

Delilah could admit it was partly mostly her. She felt that maybe she would jeopardize this relationship. She knew Jax told her to stop overthinking, but maybe it was those maternal instincts that were growing firmer every day. She wasn't going to let herself be ignorant of what she was possibly going to raise her son into. Being ignorant would only crumble her family in the long run.

Delilah's thoughts were broken by Jax stopping and looking at baby monitors, not just any baby monitors, but the expensive video monitors, "You know it would be less expensive if we were only buying one of each instead of pairs."

"Jax," Delilah said in a lite warning tone as her grip tightened on the handlebar to the cart. She had noticed Jax had been treading lightly on this subject of them living together for the past week. She knew it was a logical topic they needed to discuss and she knew why they were having this conversation was because of their situation. She knew her and Jax's relationship would be on a different realm – a different track of asphalt road. They weren't just a typical one-night stand that resulted in a baby – they were a one-night stand who knew each other's surface backstory that new couples slowly divulged overtime in the first few months. Yes, she and Jax still needed to learn more about each other as there were layers of each other they needed to peel off one another and especially on her side; Jax didn't know the six-year of history she had written like she knew his.