Chapter 26: Darkness

As we fell everything seamed to go in slow motion. Ella and fell apart from each other. Glass rained from the sky like diamonds. I closed my eyes and was greeted by a pleasant white.
I was in a room made of white and silver. Light stood looking out of a window staring at the moon. Ella was beside me in a white silky gown, and I was in white jeans and a white shirt.
"The moons beautiful isn't it." She said. "It casts Light in the Darkness."
Ella and I nodded our heads.
"You guys are so strong." She said turning around. She was wearing a white long dress it's lace just around he shoulders. She wore a silver necklace with six jewels on them. One red, one blue, one brown, one pale pink, one  yellow, one light blue.
"You guys aren't ready to die." She smiled.
With that Ella was gone.
"Oh, and Jaxon." She smiled. "I took your parents away to make you grow."
Leaving me with a question everything faded and was replaced be screams. Ella and I sat up and saw the chaos. People were laying on the ground and people were running everywhere.
"EXTREME EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN." Mrs. Nicole's voice said over the intercom. "FOLLOW PROTOCOL."
People ran into the school leaving six people (including myself) alone.
"The youngest group of The Gifted Six I've faced." Darkness hissed. His voice seamed louder than possible, like all of the darkest things imaginable were speaking into a megaphone. "This should be easy."
Ella sent a blast of fire at Darkness but it flickered away when it touched him. He expanded more,
"What do we do?" I screamed.
"Formation!" Denen yelled back.
We stood in a V shape formation. Ella and I at the front, then Denen and Aira, the in the back Haley and Brennen.
We all made a ball of power in our hands and shot it at Darkness. He roared in furry sending a blast of Darkness at us. All six of us ducked in time to avoid the attack. I looked at my five friends. All of our tattoos glowed brightly.
We repeated the same move twice until Ella spoke.
"It's not working!" She screamed.
"I know!" Aira squealed dodging a ray of Darkness.
Darkness send a wave of Darkness towards the six of us. It hit Aira, Denen, Brennen, and Haley, all send them flying back onto the ground.
"Jaxon!" Ella screamed looking at me in panic.
Her eyes glowed a rich honey red.
"Follow my lead!" I told her.
I placed my hands so my palms were a shoulder level. Ella copied me.
"Now use all your power!" I yelled.
Thunder crashed in the background. As darkness laughed evilly.
Ice cam out of my hands as Fire cam out of Ella's. Her fire coming into my palms; Ice going into hers.
Balls of Fire and Ice formed in between us, and all of a sudden there was a blast of pure power. Darkness howled in furry and vanished as well as the storm. People flooded out of the school as Aira, Brennen, Denen, and Haley joined Ella's and I's side.
-
We sat nervously behind in a small room of the stage. It was time for the world to know who this generation's Gifted Six were. A huge assembly was being thrown at the Academy which was being broadcasted over the whole magical world.
I head the cue and I stood up holding Ella's hand and the six of us marched onto the stage.
Three hundred or so people clapped madly staring at us six.
"Jaxon Hill will now take the podium." Mrs. Nicole announced.
I nervously walked up to the podium as the crowd fell to silence.
"Hi." I spoke. "Last week us six fraught against Darkness. We did not how ever defeat him. We are sure he will be back soon, and us six will be ready I confirmed. Thank you."
The crowd cheered and I walked back to Ella.
"Good job." She smiled.
"Thanks." I replied.
Our lips brushed and the crowd's cheer grew louder.
"We have an audience." Ella whispered.
"I realize that." I blushed.
-
Through this years many heart aches I had survived, I had lost the person I loved twice, but I had gained her three times. As I watched over the crowd the sliver of light in my heart grew larger diminishing the Darkness.