Chapter 1: The Beginning

I woke with a start. I remembered Ice. Ice freezing over a lake.
I get up and get my clothes on, first day of grade eight. Not sure if i'm excited, scared, or just depressed that school's starting again.
Soon i'm on the bus heading to high school. Now i'm nervous. We get to the high school, Ridge Wood. Its a big building with two floors.
I walk in and pick up my times table. I go to my locker. When i get to the locker the p.a turns on.
"Will any grade eights please come down to the gym, any gym blocks today will be cancelled so you will be getting a free period."

"Weird." I whispered under my breath.

I walk to the gym, and enter a large line up. A few worried murmurs went around the line up.

————————————————————————————

"Jaxon Hill." The voice called.
I walked up slowly and entered a small room off to the side of the gym. The room was the same size of an average classroom it had a long table along it and had cabinets on one side of it.
"Come sit down." A voice said.
I looked around. A woman in formal wear sat at the end of the table. 
"Hello Jaxon." The lady said. "My name is Mrs. Nicole, I am just going to be doing a quick test to see if you are special."
"Um... Ok." I said nervously, where they checking for rabies or something.
"Please hold this pebble and close your eyes.. Mrs Nicole. Said calmly.

She passed me a small pebble, I closed my eyes. A great sweep of power went through me. The room temperature dropped suddenly, I opened my eyes. The whole room looked like Antarctica. The window was frozen, the floor was frozen, and some some icicles dangled from the roof.
"Spectacular!" Mrs. Nicole said. "You are the first person today!"
My mouth was open and the pebble was on the ground.
"What the hell did I do." I stammered.
"You, Jaxon, control the rarest element in the world. Ice." She said.
"Element. Ice. What?" I asked.
"You are magic Jaxon, you're an elemental. And you can control Ice." Mrs. Nicole said like it was casual.
"Uh, how." I asked
"Your mother or father could be elementals or your special, and don't have an elemental parent."

Mrs Nicole took out her phone and wrote something.
A few seconds later a man walked in and took me out pf the room and took me into a waiting room.
———————————————–——–-——————
Only one more person joined me. Her name was Ella. She had brown hair with hazel eyes.
"What element are you." I asked her.
"Fire." She said.

About an hour later Mrs. Nicole escorted us out of the school. We walked to a limousine that was parked in the front of the school.
"Get in the car." Mrs. Nicole said.
We got in the car. The limousine was huge. A large t.v. stood at the back and a shelving unit housed some chocolates, candy's, and drinks.
"Make yourselves comfortable, its a long trip." The teacher said.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked.
"The Academy of Elements!" Shrilled Mrs. Nicole.
"And whats that?" Ella asked.
"A school for the gifted, like you two." Mrs Nicole explained. "There are six elements, Ice, Fire, Water, Air, Lightning, and Earth. The rarest being Ice, the most common Fire."
"What do you do there." Asked Ella again.
"Why don't i just give you a guide about it." Nicole said.

She handed to tablets turned onto a book called, 'The Guide to The Academy of Elements.'

The Academy of Elements is a school that teaches elementals how to control their abilities.
Classes:
Normal Classes: Maths, Science, Language Arts.
Magic Classes: Element Control, Fernology, P.E., Elemental History,
Extras: Extra Spells, Elemental Duels, Remedies, Mortals, Monsters.

I finished reading the page and looked outside the window just in time to see us fly into a cliff!