Chapter 13: As Time Passes

Friday was just like Monday except everyone in the Gifted Six got out of human studies.

The weeks passed and soon it started to get colder. Soon it was late November.
The leaves on the trees started falling to the ground and soon it was time for the winter dance.

I walked away from school. In three days it would be the school dance.
James and I now had not spoken in two months and Rose had been sad after I had said that I had feelings for someone else.

As for Ella and Brennen they were still together and today was their one year anniversary.
The training of the Gifted Six had started a week after the tattoo's and had pushed all of our bodies into peak shape.
Our instructor was Sorein. He was very friendly once you got to know him.

As I walked into the dorms I ignored James death stare and continued to the kitchen.
"Hey." Elise said to me while reading a book.
"Hi." I said. "What book are you reading?"
"History of Water Elementals." She answered.
"I thought you just started History of Fire Elementals yesterday?"
"Finished it last night." She told me without looking up from the book; finally she looked up from the book." Have you and James made up yet or is he still mad at you."
"He's still mad at me, and I don't even know why." I sighed.
"Ask him." Suggested Elise.
"How and When!?" I asked.
"Now, and just ask." She answered back.
"Ok..." I told her.

I walked to James's room and knocked on his door.
"May I come in?" I asked him.
"No." Said James.
"James, we're best friends. What did I do so wrong!?"
"Look, I asked you to help me with something and now it will never happen!" James yelled at me.
"What was so important!?" I asked him.
"You were going to help me ask out Sarah but now it'll never happen!" He snapped.
"What! I'm so sorry James. Why can't it never happen."
"Save it! "He yelled. "Sorry doesn't cut it; and if you must know she has a boyfriend."
With that James pushed his hand out words towards the door sending a swirl of ice slamming the door in my face.

I walked back into the kitchen dazed.
"Didn't work out?" Elise questioned.
"Nope." I answered. "I'm going outside."

I walked out of the dorms and pulled out my phone.
Skipping through all my texts I found the group chat Aira had started for the Gifted Six.
"Going into the town any1 wanna come w/ me?" I texted.
"I'll come!" Denen texted back.
"Same." Texted Haley and Aira.
"Let's meet up at the Café." Suggested Aira.

—————————————–——————
The rain started falling when Haley and Aira got there.
All four of us walked inside of the café and sat down.
A teenage girl walked up to us.
"Hi, what can I get you guys?" She said with a smile.
She had black hair, and a petite structure.

"We have never been here could we have your speciality drink if you have one?" Haley told the girl.
"The specialty drink for this season is the Pumpkin Cinnamon Juice. It is warm like coffee but better!" She told us. "The Fall special when it comes to food is the cinnamon rolls, they are like cinnamon buns mixed with cake!"

"We'll get both specialties for everyone." I ordered.

The waitress walked away and came back a second later.
"Here you guys go." She announced. "That will be five bronze coins or one silver coin."

We handed her the money and she walked away.

I took a sip of the Pumpkin Cinnamon Juice. It was creamy and smooth and tasted like fall. The drink was a rich orange born colour and an inch of whipping cream was on top of the drink.

"Who are you guys going to the dance with Haley?" Aira asked.
"You know that cute earth kid in our Healing class?" Haley giggled. "He asked me about two hours ago."
"Yay!" Squealed Aira.