Chapter 21 - Supernatural Princess

Start from the beginning

"Avery, the groom has not yet arrived! So we are heading to the Viscount's house for awhile. You can come with us, or see that inn over there..." Avery followed where her father was pointing. Avery nodded in agreement before her father spoke again. "Some of the guards and maids are going to eat some food. Since you didn't eat breakfast and you are the maid of honour, I thought maybe you can go over there and eat. And besides, we will be talking about your wedding, secrets you cannot know..." King Anton said in a smile. Avery shuddered as those two words were said again. Her father stared at her, waiting for a response. Avery nodded and as they were waking off her mother turned around.

"Avery, please don't stroll off. We're only letting you stay here because there are guards so please stay with them." Queen Arielle said and Avery smiled with a nod. She waved her parents off and when she was sure they were gone, she ran to the inn. Inside, were guards and maids and upon seeing her they all bowed or curtsied. Avery just nodded her head for them them to stop and searched frantically for Alex.

"Have you seen Alex?" 

"Alex? Have you seen?"

"You haven't seen the horseman, Alex have you?"

Avery couldn't find him anywhere and slumped in to the nearest chair. She let out a frustrated sigh. The one time she actually needed him, he was no-where to be seen. A shaky old woman walked over to Avery.

"Que voulez-vous? Pain aux fruits, vin epice ou autre chose?" The old lady said in a thick French accent. Avery chose some spiced wine and a croissant and the lady bought her food instantly. Avery slowly started to eat her food.

As Avery threw back some wine, she noticed Alex come in from the main doors of the inn. He looked almost agitated. He went over to an empty table and sat down. The shaky old lady walked over to him and he ordered some food, slightly flirting with her. Avery smiled and shook her head. Typical Alex. The lady returned with some food and Alex tucked in. After finishing her meal, Avery walked over to Alex and he stopped eating to look at her

"Can I help you?" He said with frowned eye-brows. Avery looked over at the guards and saw they were too occupied with the ladies over the counter and the maids were no-where to be seen. Alex went back to eating but Avery grabbed his wrist and pulled him to the back of the inn.  to an empty box room. She closed the door not before lighting the candle that was in there. 

"Avery! I was busy eating you know!" Alex said slightly annoyed and Avery placed a hand over his mouth. She smiled, happy that he was at least talking to her again like a friend, instead of a castle hand. 

"I've found her," Avery said quickly. Alex's eyes widened and Avery slowly dropped her hand.

"Found her? Found who?" Alex said in a slight whisper. 

"Duchess Marigold. I've found her, or she found me," Avery said as she leaned against the wall. Alex did too and shook his head.

"Well, where is she?" Alex said and Avery stood up straight again and shrugged her shoulder.

"She told me to meet her here and that's why I didn't go to the viscount's house," Avery said and Alex shook his head smiling.

"What's so funny?" Avery said smiling with him

"You haven't found her, have you? Is this just a way to get me to talk to you again?" Alex said with a slightly angered face, making Avery's smile drop.