Chapter 13 - More Powerful Than Ever

Start from the beginning

***

"So, how is this helping us again?" Avery said as she prepared for battle-strategy again. It was just her, Dylan and Alex this time as Thomas had refused to train her. Dylan had knowledge of warfare and here was when it came to good use. Clarissa had healed Avery's scar not before joking about it at first. Clarissa also healed the burning pain Dylan had in his cheek from Avery's scar and she smiled at her son for coming forward and letting her know. She then ordered for the three of them to do some training, as they had to be ready for anything.

"Like mother said Avery, we need to be ready. Argon can attack anytime and we have to be prepared," He said as he suited up. He picked up Avery's helmet and placed it on head, patting it like she was a little girl. Avery removed the helmet as it still didn't fit her and she picked up her sword. She looked at Alex standing next to her, looking very handsome.

"Right, Alex and me are evil. Avery, you must protect Enchanted as best as you can, get it? Now let's fight!" Dylan said as he looked at Avery. She saw Alex move away from her and Dylan pick up his sword. When he called for the battle to begin, Avery jumped at them. She headed for Alex and tried to deliberately strike his face but he was too fast. She aimed for Dylan but he was also too fast. Both men were almost 'ganging' up on Avery but she thought of this as strategy. Sending in your weakest man to weaken the opponent meant the strongest man can finish them. Avery knew she was the weak one and they were the opponent.

Defending herself as best as she could, Avery fought long and hard. Other fairies had come to see the training knowing of Avery's reputation with a sword. She saw the determination in Alex's face as he lunged his sword at her and she did the same. Avery was sending Alex back, strike after strike and she was actually smiling about it. But Dylan came from behind and with one strike, her sword flew from her hands to the other side of the garden. Avery looked at the sword, before looking at the two determined men standing in front of her. She smiled at them and put her hands up in surrender as they pointed their swords at her. Avery looked up and she flew over them to where her sword landed. It was lodged into a tree bark and Avery had some difficulty getting it out. She saw Alex and Dylan coming for her and she panicked. These two were really into the training, so there was no guarantee that they wouldn't hurt her. She pushed and pulled, using most of her energy to get the sword out but it refused to budge. Alex and Dylan's sword's got closer and closer and Avery did the first thing that came to mind - she put her hands up and let her index finger point at them.

Avery closed her eyes anticipating for the worst but when she opened them she was shocked. Dylan and Alex were elevated into the air by a lilac sparkly glow coming out of Avery's fingers. Avery stared at her hands with surprise. How was she doing that?

"Avery! Put us down!" Dylan called out to her. Avery shook her head and came out of trance. She moved her fingers and put them into a fist and Alex and Dylan fell onto the ground. Avery didn't run to them and see if they were okay because she was smitten by the power she had felt  moments ago. It was so strong and she felt so powerful, almost invincible. Dylan got up and helped up Alex and both spoke to each other before walking over to Avery. Avery still had her fists in front of her and she stared at them. Dylan looked at each fist and after dumping his sword on the ground, took each wrist in each hand and put them down. Avery looked at him and he nodded his head, answering her question. She was magical and ever so powerful.

"Avery, come. We must speak with mother on this matter," Dylan said letting Avery's fists go. Alex walked over to her and offered her his arm. Avery took it with a smile and all three of them walked back into the palace.

***

"In all do respect Dylan, it was going to happen eventually," Clarissa said as she examined Avery. Clarissa was in the drawing room of the palace when the three of them had arrived. Clarissa was startled yet slightly relieved at Dylan's explanation. She knew the real reason to her magical strength but didn't want to say so. Clarissa shook her head and ushered for Alex and Dylan to sit down. Avery watched them take their seats with concern all over their faces.