Chapter 25

Chandler's POV

5 months later

"Chan, I can't zip up my dress!" I heard Katelyn call from the living room.

I chuckled. "Be right out!" I called back and headed out of the bedroom to help her.

I was surprised at how quickly Monica and Mike planned the wedding. I knew that Monica loved planning things but I had never met Mike before.

Walking out, I saw Katelyn trying to reach the back of her dress, failing miserably.

I laughed. "It's okay, Kate," I told her. "I'll do it."

She stopped and turned around so her back was facing me. She didn't need to pull her hair out of the way since it was swept up into a fancy bun with a few strands hanging down.

I slowly grabbed the zipper and moved it up.

"Are you excited?" Katelyn asked.

"Yeah," I sighed. "Still a little nervous that I haven't met this guy."

She laughed. "Chandler, come on," she said. "You and Monica broke up a while ago. It's time to stop being so protective."

"Yeah, but," I said quickly, trying to explain. "She's still one of my best friends."

Katelyn chuckled and nodded.

Slowly, I leaned forward and started to kiss her neck.

I heard her sigh. She let me continue for a little longer before turning me around. She had a mischievous smile on her face.

She put her arms around my neck. "Now, Chandler," she said, as if she were asking me a question. "Do you think I would want to spend $200 on a dress, spend an hour on my makeup, and spend 2 hours on my hair just to have it all messed up?"

I sighed in defeat. I leaned forward to kiss her but she reached up and put her finger on my lips before I could.

"Lipstick," she said simply.

She smiled and sat down to put on her jewelry.

Man, at this point Carl was getting more action than me.

When she was done, she saw my failure at tying a tie and laughed, standing up.

She came up to me and tied my tie properly, lightly hitting my chest when she was done.

She went back to the couch and put on her gold strap heels.

Her entire outfit consisted of this:

She stood up. "Alright," she said. "Ready to go."

I just stared at her. "I'm not okay with this," I said, gesturing to her outfit.

Her expression became unsure and she looked down at her dress. "Why?" she asked, seeming insecure. "Is there something wrong with it?"

"Yes," I said. "It's too beautiful and I might have to beat up some guys tonight."

Katelyn looked up and laughed. "Aw," she chuckled. "You know what? You deserve this."

She walked up to me and kissed me, putting her hands on my face.

She pulled away a moment later and wiped the lipstick off of my lips with her thumb, cracking up the whole time.

Once she was done, she grabbed her hand purse.

"Come on," she said. "We're gonna be late."

I chuckled and we headed out the door.