Chapter 6

Katelyn's POV

After Chandler surprised me with ice cream (which proved to be amazing), we started to drive home.

We were jamming out to "Gasoline" by Halsey. Chandler was actually a pretty good singer.

After the song was done, "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jempson came on and we both groaned and Chandler turned off the radio.

We sat in silence for a little while before I spoke up.

"Chandler?" I said, a little nervous. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure," he answered, keeping his eyes on the road.

I took a deep breath. "Why didn't you call or text me these past six years?"

Chandler's expression became guarded. His hands gripped the wheel so hard his knuckles turned white.

"I was really busy," he stuttered, clearly trying to keep his voice calm. "So were you."

"Well, yeah," I confirmed. "But I still would've liked to hear from you."

Chandler didn't respond, just kept his angry eyes on the road.

"Chandler?" I said softly.

"Look, would you just shut up?!" he snapped. "Why does this even matter?!We were having a great time and you have to ruin it!"

"I-I'm sorry," I said, taken aback. "I just wanted to know."

"Well, I told you!" he yelled. "Now shut up!"

"Chandler!" I exclaimed. He was starting to make me mad. "What is wrong with you?!"

"Nothing!" he yelled back. "You're the one that's tone deaf!"

That was it. "There's a bus station up the road a bit," I informed angrily. "Drop me off there. I'll get home myself."

"Fine," he said with finality.

We didn't say anything to each other for the rest of the way.

When he pulled into the driveway, I quickly got out, slamming the door behind me.

I watched as Chandler sped off.

I walked toward the station smiling, knowing he was most definitely going to get stopped.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Sorry this chapter was so short.

Chandler and Katelyn are fighting :'(