Chapter 10

Katelyn's POV

As I drove into the parking lot of our set, I struggled to keep my eyes open.

I sighed when I saw that Chandler's car was already there. I didn't want to park next to it but there was no other open spaces so I eventually gave up and did.

I made sure to grab my coffee as I stepped out of my car.

I walked to my dressing room, greeting Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Greg Nicotero (the executive producer) as they passed me.

Once I opened my dressing room door, I immediately dropped my bags to the floor and face planted onto my couch.

God, I was tired.

I stayed in that position before regaining my composure and lifting myself up.

Then I noticed something weird on my dresser.

It was a bouquet of roses with a note in front of it.

Curious, I walked over and picked up the note.

Katelyn,
F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere at any time at all
Down here in the deep blue sea...or set

I want to have some fun with my best friend tonight. Not like that, though!

I chuckled after I got done reading. Not only did this person make a SpongeBob Squarepants reference, they made an inappropriate statement then corrected it.

I looked all over to find a signature to no avail.

I needed some help from a fellow girl on this one. I decided to ask my best friend April.

I got out my phone and took a picture, making sure the card was readable, and sent it.

I got a reply 10 seconds later.

April: Um....girl, who is that from?!?!?!

I chuckled and responded.

Katelyn: Not sure. There was no signature. Who do you think it could be?

April: Girl, Idk but they seem really into u.

Katelyn: Man, this is going to drive me craaaaaazy!

April: Could it b Chandler?

Katelyn: Nah...we had a fight last night. And he is stubborn af. He wouldn't do this. Plus, he has a fiancé.

April: Aw, I'm sorry, babe. Guys r jerks.

Katelyn: Yeah...well, I gotta go. Wish me luck on finding this person a.k.a Mission Impossible.

April: Alright, girl. Good luck.

I smiled and locked my phone. I glanced at the clock. 9:30. I had to get to hair and makeup at 10:30 and get my costume at 11:30.

Since I had an hour, I decided to reread the script again.

I picked up the 1,000 page packet and started to read, slowly sipping my coffee.

It looks like the biggest changes for Enid over the past 6 years were that her and Carl got "married" (like Glenn and Maggie did) and had a daughter that they named Beth, after Maggie's dead sister. At this point in the story, she was 4.

There was a scene between Carl, Enid, and Beth that moved me to tears every time I read it. And it happened to be the first scene we were shooting today.

I sighed and waited for 10:30.

When it finally hit that time, I hopped up from the couch and headed to hair and makeup, the roses and the mystery person that left them being the only things on my mind.