Chapter 14

Chandler's POV

I watched as Katelyn walked up the steps to the pavilion in shock.

"Chandler?" she said incredulously.

I smiled in response.

Eventually, she smiled back. "You lied. You were the one that put the roses in my dressing room."

I shrugged. "Maybe," I said slyly.

She looked behind me at the dinner I had set up.

"What's all of this for?" she asked.

I gestured to the table with my head.

I pulled out her chair for her before taking a seat myself.

Once we were settled, I explained. "I know the last time we ate dinner together didn't go so well, so I'm trying to make it up to you."

She smiled at me. "It wasn't the dinner that was bad. The ride home was a little rocky."

"Yeah, I'm sorry," I said guiltily. "I've overreacted a few times in my life. This dinner is to hopefully somewhat make up for those times."

"Does Monica know about this?" she asked.

"Yeah, I texted her when I got to the set and told her the plan," I assured. "She said it was a great idea."

We talked for a around an hour over gourmet meal I cooked: pizza and fries (I'm not exactly a good cook, okay?).

Once we were done eating, we decided to take a walk.

We eventually came to a stop and say down on a bench.

After a few moments, I heard Katelyn laugh beside me and say, "We're supposed to be out here. We're supposed to feel like this."

I laughed and lightly pushed her. "Alright, Enid."

We laughed before falling into a comfortable silence.

"You know," I finally said, turning to face Katelyn. "I beat myself up for so long because of that night 6 years ago."

She turned to face me in surprise, as if not expecting me to get serious.

"I've told you," she said. "I forgive you."

"I know, but I still haven't forgiven myself. Like, how could I have been such an idiot and-"

"Chan, stop," she said quietly. "It's okay."

I took a moment before sighing. "I guess I feel so guilty because..."

"Because of what?" she asked.

I stood up. "Never mind," I said, waving it off. "It's stupid."

"No, it isn't," she said, standing up as well. "What is it?"

"Maybe I feel so guilty because I feel the same exact way about you now that I did six years ago!" I finally blurted out.

Katelyn stood there in stunned silence.

I looked at her for a moment before turning around to walk away.

"See, I told you it was stupid," I mumbled.

Before I could take a step, I felt her grab my arm. I turned back around to look at her.

After a second, she finally asked, "What about Monica?"

I sighed as I remembered her. "I love her," I admitted. "I really do. She's amazing and I'm so lucky to get to call her my fiancé. But she deserves someone that would make her their absolute top priority and not even think about looking at another woman."

Katelyn gave me a small, sly smile. "So if we were to get back together, does that mean I would have to worry about you not making me your top priority and looking at other women?"

I breathed out a laugh. "No," I said. "Not you."

She chuckled and leaned forward. "Good to know," she said before pressing her lips to mine.

Even though we had kissed earlier in the day as Carl and Enid, this one felt more real, like I had finally gotten her back.

After she pulled away, I sighed sadly. "Now comes the hardest part." I glanced back to the hotel. "Telling Monica."

"You want me to come with you?" Katelyn offered, putting her hand in mine.

I shook my head. "No," I said. "I should be the one. She deserves to hear it from me. Just me."

She nodded and we slowly headed back to the hotel.

Only one thought plagued my mind.

I finally got my Katelyn back.