Chapter 1

Katelyn's POV

I wrapped my jacket tighter around my chest as the cold wind nipped at me.

I was walking down the streets of Atlanta, heading to an interview with my brother Chris.

It had been weird being back in Georgia. The last time I was here was when I finished The Walking Dead 6 years ago after 9 amazing seasons.

The real reason I was back in Atlanta was to shoot a The Walking Dead movie, which I was really excited for.

Right after I finished the show, I flew out to Australia to star in a few movies and I ended up recording my album "Still Here" while I was there, which became a huge hit. Press for the movies and the album had taken up the last six years of my life.

I still get recognized for playing Enid, even though I was 24 now.

People would stop me on the streets and say, "Hey aren't you the one that played Carl's girlfriend on The Walking Dead?" and though I would slightly wince at hearing the name Carl, I would smile and say, "Yep, that was me!"

I shuddered as I remembered Chandler Riggs, a.k.a Carl Grimes. We had dated for a pretty long time while filming the 9th season, after he had finally broken up with Brianna after he found out she had been cheating on him.

It was, to this day, still the best relationship I had ever been in. He was so sweet and funny, and he treated me like a queen. Well, until that one night, of course.

Flashback:
I was sitting in the armchair in my apartment watching Married at First Sight while my parents were gone when I heard the door open.

I turned to see Chandler coming into the living room, and he didn't look too happy. I stood up and walked towards him.

"Hey, babe," I said. "What's wrong?"

He didn't answer, just held his phone in front of my face and asked, "Who is this?"

I gave him a confused look and looked at the screen. It was an picture on my Instagram account of me kissing a guy on the cheek. Our arms were wrapped around each other.

I laughed when I realized who it was.

"That's just James," I assured him. "He's my ex-boyfriend. And how did you even find that picture? It was from two years ago."

Chandler scoffed and backed away slightly. "It doesn't matter how I found it. Why do you still have it? I'm your boyfriend now."

I laughed nervously. Why was he being like this? "Chan, I don't understand what the big deal is. The picture is from two years ago. We broke up a long time ago."

"That's not the point," he said, his voice slowly rising. "The point is that you two broke up and yet you still have pictures with him on your account!"

Wanting to shoot back, I held out my hand and demanded, "Give me your phone."

After a few moments, he slowly handed it over to me and I immediately went to Hana Hayes' account, Chandler's ex-girlfriend.

After scrolling down a little, I found the group of pictures that I was looking for.

"Hana still has all these pictures of the two of you on her account from when you two dated. And did I get mad about that? No. Did Brianna get mad about that? No. We didn't get mad because it doesn't matter! The two of you broke up a while ago! And so did me and James! You have nothing to worry about."

I put my hand in his shoulder but he shrugged it off.

"Are you two still friends?" he asked forcefully.

"Yeah..." I said slowly.

"You can't hang out with him anymore," he ordered. He then turned his back on me.

Okay, this was getting to be too much.

"Chandler!" I exclaimed. "You can't just tell me who I can and can't hang out with. You're not my father!"

Before I knew what was happening, he wheeled around quickly and slapped me hard across the face.

Everything seemed to stop. I slowly brought my hand up to my cheek. It was tender to the touch. I reached up and pushed my hair out of my face and looked at Chandler, hate in my eyes.

He shakily looked at his hand, which had turned red from the impact.

He looked up at me. "Kate..." he said slowly.

"Get out of here," I said softly but forcefully.

When he continued to simply stand there, I shouted, "Get out now!!!" I pushed him out the door.

"Katelyn, I didn't mean-" he started but I had slammed the door in his face before he could finish.

It was at that moment that things ended between us.
End of flashback

I was shook out of my daydream when Chris shook my shoulder.

"Katelyn!" he said loudly and I looked at him, surprise in my eyes.

"You okay?" he asked and I nodded.

The filming of Chandler and I's last scene on the show happened to be the day after we had broken up. The scene was really romantic which didn't make matters better.

But we managed to get through it somehow, and after we had finished filming, Chandler pulled me to the side and begged for my forgiveness for the previous night.

I eventually forgave him but didn't agree to get back together, which he begrudgingly accepted.

Since The Walking Dead, Chandler had become a big time movie star and even got engaged to a woman named Monica last year.

But not once had I received a phone call or text from him.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: New story yay!

Also shoutout to @DGHerrera_ for the awesome cover! <3