Chapter 8

Katelyn's POV

I quickly walked into my room and flung myself on my bed.

That bus ride was the worst experience of my entire life. This really large man that was sitting next to me kept talking to me when he knew that I wasn't in the mood and I think I even heard him fart. Disgusting.

If only Chandler hadn't been such a jerk.

I groaned and slammed my face into my pillow. It's like that one night 6 years ago.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

Confused, I checked to make sure I looked okay in the mirror and opened the door, hoping that it wasn't Chandler.

It wasn't. It was a very attractive woman around my age. Her long brown hair was pulled into a ponytail. She had olive skin. Her blue eyes held a lot of pity.

"Hi," she said nervously. She gestured to herself. "I'm Monica, Chandler's..."

"Oh, yeah," I said, lightly smacking my head. "Of course." I stepped to the side to allow her in. "Come on in," I invited.

She smiled in thanks and slowly stepped inside. I led her into my living room and we both sat down.

"Do you want anything?" I asked, trying to be polite. "I have coffee, I have hot chocolate..."

Monica held up her hand, smiling. "Oh, no, I'm fine," she said. "Thank you, though." I nodded.

She sighed and looked down. That's when I knew things were about to get real. I looked at her, waiting for her to start.

"I was planning on apologizing for Chandler's behavior," she started. "But then I realized that you've known him longer than I have."

We both lightly chuckled. "Aw, man," I sighed. "I didn't want you to have to be a part of this."

"Oh, don't worry about that," Monica said, waving off the statement.

"I hate fighting with Chandler," I said. "I really do. He's my best friend."

"And you're his," she confirmed, smiling. "He just has some really bad moments. Trust me, I've lived through them."

We both laughed.

"Hey, would you mind if I remove my makeup while we talk?" I asked. "It's starting to drive me crazy."

"Oh, not at all," Monica said, gesturing to me. "Please, go ahead."

I smiled in thanks, quickly ran into the bathroom to get the remover, and returned to the living room and started to wipe my face down.

We continued to talk for about an hour and a half before Monica politely excused herself, saying that we both need some sleep.

She gave me a hug before she walked out which really comforted me.

I decided that I really like Monica. She was sweet, smart, and didn't seem jealous at all of my friendship with Chandler. I guess she's gotten used to it, being with an actor that has to do kiss scenes and love scenes for the past two years.

Once I got done getting ready, I got comfortable in bed, and fell into a peaceful sleep.