Chapter 15

Chandler's POV

After dropping Katelyn off at her room, I slowly walked to mine.

When I got to the door, I almost knocked before remembering that it was my room.

I opened the door and stepped in, quietly taking off my jacket.

Wringing my hands, I walked into the bedroom.

Monica was lying on her stomach, facing the tv and flipping through the channels.

When she saw me, she quickly stood up and turned the tv off. She seemed nervous.

"Chandler," she greeted, clenching her fists. "Hey."

"Hey?" I said. It was more of a question than a statement.

"Um," she stuttered. "How was your dinner with Katelyn?"

That's when I started to get nervous. "It was fine," I assured. "There's, um, something I need to talk to you about."

"Me, too," Monica said, nodding.

There were a few moments of silence before we both spoke.

"I think we should break up," we said in perfect sync.

We both gave each other questioning looks before Monica's face softened in realization. "It's Katelyn, isn't it?"

I slowly nodded. "Who is it for you?"

She took a moment before saying, "Mike."

"Your coworker?" I asked in slight disbelief. "How long have you felt something for him."

She looked down. "The past two months." She looked up at me with a sly smile. "I guess we've both been hiding something, huh?"

I laughed a little. "I guess so."

"Well," she sighed. "I guess since we're both into other people, I won't be Monica Riggs anytime soon."

I smiled. "And I won't be Chandler Smith." Smith was Monica's last name.

She burst out laughing and walked towards me, enveloping me in a tight hug.

I returned it, knowing how much I was going to miss her. She really was an amazing person, she just wasn't destined for me.

When she pulled away, she had little tears in her eyes but she quickly wiped them away and replaced them with a smile.

I watched as she slid her engagement ring off her finger and put it in my hand.

"I guess I better head home," she sighed.

"Tonight?" I asked incredulously. "It's really late, you should at least wait until tomorrow."

"Oh, come on," she said, laughing a little. "Peachtree City isn't that far away. I can just catch a bus." Peachtree City was where we lived. "I can just crash at my parents for a while. I can have all if my stuff out of the house by the time you're done filming."

She got her suitcases from the closet and started packing.

"Let me help you," I offered.

---------------------------------------------

Soon enough, Monica was done packing and out of the building. It didn't take long for me to start missing her. Just because we weren't meant to be together doesn't mean I didn't love her.

I sat down on the bed. I picked up my phone and went to my Instagram account. I had around 15 pictures with Monica on it.

I slowly went through and deleted all of them, smiling as I remembered the times in which the pictures were taken.

After all of them were deleted, I decided to text Katelyn.

Chandler: I did it. I broke up with Monica.

I got a reply 10 seconds later.

Katelyn: How did she take it?

Chandler: Good. She had actually been interested in one of her coworkers for a few months now so it all worked out well. But it was still hard. I'm really gonna miss her.

Katelyn: Yeah, I know. Breakups suck

Chandler: Yeah. But hey, I have you, don't I? ;)

Katelyn: Yep! Hopefully for good this time lol.

Chandler: Oh, don't worry. I'm not letting you go again.