Chapter 19

Chandler's POV

1 week later

I was hanging out with Grant, one of my best friends, in my hotel room.

We were watching a baseball game and yelling at the tv and throwing popcorn at it.

Suddenly, Grant became serious and grabbed the remote, turning the tv off.

I looked at him in confusion.

"Have you and Katelyn talked since she left?" he asked.

I sighed and shook my head. "No."

"Why haven't you tried to contact her?" he asked like I was stupid.

"Grant," I started. "She's P.O'd at me. The worst thing I could do is try to contact her."

"That's the best thing you could do," he corrected. "Chandler, she's your girlfriend. You told me yourself that you weren't going to lose her again. Well guess what you're doing right now."

I sighed and looked down. "Losing her," I answered.

"Bingo," he said, snapping. "Look, Chan. I'm not forcing you to talk to her. I just know how happy she makes you, and I can't bear to see you sad and lonely again. Not so soon after Monica."

I nodded, understanding where he was coming from. He was right. I needed to talk to her.

Grant stood up, clapping my shoulder as he walked past me.

"Well, I gotta go," he said.

I stood up as well and walked him to the door.

"Oh, and Chandler," he said, turning around to face me. "No matter what, I'll still be your best friend."

I smiled. "Thanks, Grant."

He smiled back and walked out the door.

Once I was done cleaning up the house, I flopped down on the couch with a Diet Coke and turned on the news.

I watched a story about how we need to save the polar bears. Even though I agreed, I found it quite boring.

Once that story was done, the two hosts came back on the screen.

"Breaking news," the woman said. "The Walking Dead star Katelyn Nacon has been shot. Allegedly by Monica Smith, Chandler Riggs' ex-fiancé."