Chapter 17

Chandler's POV

3 months later

I rode down the elevator, my arm draped around Katelyn's shoulder.

We were heading to an interview on the Conan show.

I checked the time on my phone.

"6:30," I voiced. We had to be there by 8 p.m.

I felt Katelyn's head nod against my shoulder. I looked down at her. Her face was somber. She had been acting weird for the past month and she wouldn't tell me why.

I sighed and watched the screen that indicated what floor we were on until we reached the lobby.

We walked out to meet our car. I opened the door for Katelyn and she clambered in. I got in after her.

We rode in complete silence. Soon enough, I saw the building that the Conan show was filmed in.

We were let out of the car and started walking in.

Deciding to break the silence, I glanced down at her and said, "Kate?"

She sighed before looking up at me and raising her eyebrows.

I kinda wanted to just get angry and ask her what her problem was, but I bit it back and chose the more polite version.

"Are you okay?" I asked gently.

After a moment, her face softened and she sighed. "Yeah," she said sadly. "I'm sorry. I've just been kinda homesick."

"So I didn't do anything to make you mad?" I asked, a little dumbfounded.

She laughed and took my hand, intertwining our finger. "For once, no," she teased.

---------------------------------------------
Author's Note: I know this was really short and crappy, I know. Shun me and throw rocks at me.

Man, this story is terrible. It's bad and in tatters just like my life. It's reminding me of everything else I've failed at!

Whew! Sorry, I had a moment of weakness there but I'm better.

Anyway, *giggles* have a good day.

God, I'm weird