Chapter 24

Katelyn's POV

1 month later

Chandler and I were cuddling on the couch watching a movie and sharing popcorn when I suddenly became very thirsty.

"Hey, babe," I said. "Can you pause the tv for a sec?"

Chandler nodded and picked up the remote, pressing the pause button.

I struggled out of his arms and stood up.

"I'm getting a drink," I told him. "You want anything?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'll take a Dr. Pepper."

"Can or glass?" I asked.

"Glass with two ice cubes," he informed.

I chuckled and leaned down, giving him a lingering kiss before heading into the kitchen.

Because the kitchen had a breakfast bar, I could see Chandler checking his phone while he waited for me.

I poured him his soda and then poured myself some water, putting ice in both glasses.

"Hey, Kate!" I heard Chandler call.

"Yeah," I said.

"Come check this out."

I walked back into the living room.

He handed me his phone which had Instagram opened.

I looked at the picture displayed on the screen.

It was a picture of Monica and her boyfriend Mike. He was holding her left hand up to the camera, showing off a big diamond ring. Both of them were smiling from ear to ear and the caption was "I said yes! 😁😍😘💍".

"Aw, that's great!" I cooed. I looked up at Chandler and gave him a mischievous smile. "You're not jealous, are you?"

He gave me playfully annoyed look. "Ha ha," he said sarcastically. "I already commented my congratulations  to them."

I laughed and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before heading back into the kitchen to grab our drinks.

I picked them, handing the Dr. Pepper to Chandler, before sitting back down with him.

He was about to hit the play button when a dinging sound came from his phone.

I picked up the phone before he could and typed in his password. Monica had replied to his comment saying:

"Aw thanks dude! You and Kate are totally welcome to come to the wedding! 😄❤️"

"What is it?" Chandler asked, trying to see over my shoulder.

"We were invited to come to the wedding," I answered, giving him his phone back.

His eyes widened. "Really?" he asked in surprise. "Won't that be a little awkward?"

"Why would it be?" I asked. "I thought you guys were friends."

"We are," he confirmed. "But wouldn't it be weird to go to the wedding between my ex-fiancé and her new fiancé that I've never met with my current girlfriend that I cheated on her to be with but she doesn't know I cheated on her because I never told her?"

After I was done processing everything he said, I laughed and said, "I think you're freaking out over nothing. You are happy for her, aren't you?"

"Of course," he answered like it was obvious.

"Then I don't think there's anything to worry about," I told him.

Chandler simply looked at me for a moment before sighing. "I guess you're right," he said.

I smiled in triumph before laying my head on his shoulder.

"Now play the movie," I demanded. "I wanna finish it before 7. We need to go to bed early for set tomorrow, remember?"