I Never Meant To Hurt You (GerIta) (Part 1)

Depuis le début

Feliciano stayed in his room, curled up on the floor with a cross in his hands, an iron one to be exact, and sobbed.  Sobbing from anger, from pain, from sorrow, from betrayal, but mostly from the pain of losing someone you truly loved.

----------------------------------

A month had gone by and neither had said a word to each other.  Ludwig was in terrible shape; little to no sleeping, nightmares when he actually slept, disorganized, no drive to do anything, and not even a drop of blood drunken within the last month.

"... Bruder, jou need to drink blood, or else jou'll-"

"Nein,"  Ludwig said, cutting Gilbert off.  "I don't need it."  Gilbert shook his head.

"Bruder, zhe awezome me is unawezomely vorried."  Gilbert said, placing a hand on Ludwig's shoulder as Ludwig stared forlornly at the wall.  "Jou'll unawezomely die if jou don't drink any of mein awezome blood."  Gilbert said.  Ludwig shook his head.

"Vhat is zhe point?"  Ludwig said, standing to move away.  "Vhat is zhe point of living vhen jou just feel zhe pain of emptiness?"  Ludwig asked.  Gilbert stayed silent.

"..."

"See, zhere is no point."  Ludwig declared.  With a dry cough, he walked back to his room, shutting the door behind him, leaving Gilbert worried sick.

----------------------------------

Feliciano was not much better; no more smiles, just tears and deep depression.  No matter what anyone tried, Feliciano would not cheer up.

A family friend, Antonio, suggested Feliciano go talk with Ludwig, but that only resulted in more tears.  Francis finally decided to call Ludwig himself.

"... Ja, vhat is it Francis?"  Gilbert said.

"Gilbert, could I talk with your brother s'il vous plaît [please]?"  Shifting was heard on the other side.

"Zhe awezome me is not sure... right now Ludvig refuses to do anything."  Gilbert said.  Francis bit his lip.

"Could you try?"  Francis asked.

"... Ja, I vill."  Gilbert said.  Silence with a little background noise was heard before someone on the other end picked up.

"Ja, vhat is it Francis?"  A broken sounding Ludwig asked.

"Ludwig, is zhat really you?  You sound so, so..."

"Ja I know, now vhat do jou vant?"  Ludwig asked, sounding as if he was giving up on life.

"Alright, I'll get to zhe point; you need to make up with Feliciano."  Francis said.  A sharp intake was heard.

"... n-nein, he said he n-never vants t-to see me a-again.  And I d-don't vant to cause h-him anymore pain."  Ludwig said, his voice cracking as he sounded as if he was on the verge of breaking down, shocking Francis; never had he ever thought that someone as strong as Ludwig would be breaking down.

"Mon dieu!  Ludwig, just what 'appened between you two?!"  Francis exclaimed.

"Gott, vhat's zhe point in hiding anything anymore,"  Ludwig said, his very being broken.  "Might as vell have all zhe vorld know, it doesn't matter now anyways."

"Ludwig-"

"I'm a vampire Francis,"  Ludwig said, choking on a sob as Francis held the phone tightly.  "Feliciano, he-he saw me drinking Gilbert's blood and-and-"  Ludwig didn't even finish as sobs of pain were heard.

"... Ludwig... I... I don't know what to say..."  Francis said, completely at a loss.

"Ja vell, it doesn't matter now anyways."  Ludwig said, his voice somber as he choked on a sob, scaring Francis.