18: A Short Declaration

Toshiro's POV

I had decided that today was the day. Grace was going to accept me. Today was the day I would openly make her accept that I loved her. I sat at my desk and clasped my hands in front of my face. My elbows rested on the desk and I stared at the file that contained everything on her. It was the file the Soul Society was building on her and it just kept growing. She was awake now. 

I heard a knock on the office door and looked up. 

"Come in,"I said quietly. The person opened the door and I saw it was Grace. I stared at her long beautiful hair, and pretty blue eyes. Her body was perfect. My eyes followed her face to her lips and I realized how red they really were. Almost like the thing human women wore called lipstick. 

"You asked for me Toshiro?"Grace said. I nodded and motioned for her to come in and shut the door. When she was in the room she sat down on the couch. I stood and walked to stand in front of her. 

"So. I wanted to talk to you,"I told her. 

"What about? Am I in trouble?"She asked seemingly worried. I laughed and shook my head. 

"No, you're not in trouble. I just wanted to talk. So. You know how I feel about you,"I began. Grace looked down instantly. 

"Yes Captain you've told me numerous times. But-"

"Well I'm telling you again. I love you Grace. So accept it,"I said immediately. She seemed startled by this and blinked. 

"Look, I really don't want to speak of this right now, ok? We just got back and I just woke up so-"

"Yes, and I understand that. But I can't wait any longer. I've been watching and waiting ever since I told you the first time. You have no idea how long I have wanted to hold you in my arms and press my lips against you and never let you go,"I interrupted her. Grace seemed to suddenly turn red. 

"Toshiro listen I-"

"No you listen. You have to give me an answer. Because if you don't love me back you need to tell me so I can let you go," I interrupted. I felt that if she was going to reject me....then maybe I could delay it. It's stupid of me, I know. I should just let her speak. 

"Toshiro I-"She began again. 

"Grace just do it already-"

"Toshiro! Shut up and listen!"Grace shouted and jumped up. I flinched and stepped back. She was standing in front of me looking up at me with the most flustered look i'd ever seen on her. It was cute, but kind of funny too. Her eyebrows had seemingly creased in frustration. My eyes again traced their way to her lips... she was close enough that I could kiss her if I wanted. I wondered what she tasted like. I wondered if it was as sweet as she was inside. 

Grace's POV

After shouting at him I realized that when he fell quiet I should have something to follow up with before yelling. 

Way to go, Grace. Tengokuhime said sarcastically. 

Shut up hime! I yelled at her. 

Gracie just confess. It's ok. Akumu told me reassuringly. 

"I've been trying to say this to you, and when we were in the infirmary after I woke I was trying to say it then, but chickened out,"I began. He listened intently. 

Don't give him a speech, stupid. He won't want that! Tengokuhime screamed at me. I ground my teeth. 

I'm trying my best! I replied annoyed. 

"Well....you see....I uh...."I tried. He waited for me to say it and raised an eyebrow slowly. 

Come on, Gracie. I love you! Those are the words now say them! Akumu insisted. 

"I just..."

It's easy, dummy. Come on! Tengokuhime told me. 

"Well I ...."

Do it! Do it! Do it! They both chorused. 

"I love you,"I breathed out. Toshiro seemed to stare at me blankly for a second. I stared back and swallowed. His blue eyes suddenly widened and he seemed to light up. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me tightly. 

"Good." I slowly wrapped my arms around him too and buried my face in his chest. He smelled really nice and he was surprisingly warm for someone who had a supposed icy heart. What happens now? I wondered. But I ultimately pushed the thought back into my mind. My thoughts trailed to something I thought was ironic. It was funny...no....uncanny how I had to be kicked out of my own realm to find the one mate for me in a realm that everyone of my people was terrified of. I supposed this was why we were not allowed on field trips here when we were younglings. 

Here...in the Soul Society, we would find hope. And freedom. The tribal elders had always kept tight chains on us, which was why when we were freed at the stupid ceremony, we weren't ever even really free. They would have always kept a close watch on us. And I realized even more....they never wanted us to be out and about....so they made special guardians of the portals. 

I was glad I had not been picked. 

I hugged Toshiro closer to me as I realized everything I had known was wrong. He chuckled. 

"You have no idea how badly I've wanted you to do this,"he says in my ear. I feel myself turning red. 

"St...stop you're making me blush,"I whispered. He laughed again and rested his chin on my shoulder. 

"Good. I like that I'm able to do that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: AND THAT WAS A Short chapter i know i'm sorry. the next one will be longer but it's an epilogue. Then book two will come out, readers, I had not planned for a second book but I decided two was better than one. The more the merrier as they say! I hope you enjoyed this short little declaration of love. The epilogue will also be most likely in third person, kind of just telling you what they did after this and all. It will also show you some insight into the new villain i have created for my arc I will write.