11:Betrayals and Confession

Toshiro's POV

I sighed. Half of Squad 11 had its forces wiped out, Rukia had already been moved to the Repentance Cell, and the ryoka are still at large. I have sent Grace to Rangiku's, but I still can't stop thinking of her. It's now night, I suppose the most I can do is go take Grace for dinner. Or take dinner to her. Whatever. she still has to eat.

Quit lying to yourself, you know it's an excuse to see Grace. I sigh and rub my temples. Boy do I have a headache. I stand and leave. I head to Rangiku's house and knock on the door. As expected, it's Rangiku who opens the door.

"Captain! What's up?" She asks.

"I sent Grace here. I came to ask her if she wanted to go for dinner,"I reply. Rangiku gives me a confused look.

"But Captain. Grace isn't here..."Rangiku says. I frown.

"What?"

"Grace isn't here. She was here, but she must've left. I got home and she wasn't here. There's a trace of her spiritual pressure, though," Rangiku tells me. I feel a sense of worry build up in me quickly.

"That can't be, I told her to come here and stay here and she told me she would,"I state panicked.

"Captain, calm down. Breathe. I can trace her,"Rangiku replies. "Come inside and sit for a moment while I trace her." I enter and sit down on her sofa. I put my elbows on my knees and let my hands dangle in between them. Rangiku begins to trace Grace. After a few minutes she finds Grace and we leave. We arrive at the scene of a battle.

Grace's POV

After sensing where some intruders were, I located two of them.

What, do they travel in pairs? Ridiculous. I see one girl and a guy. The girl has on a pink shirt and white bottoms. Her hair is orange or brown, I can't really tell. It seems a mix of the both colors. She has two blue flower hairpins in her hair. The boy is wearing white and blue and has black hair. The outfit has a dorky looking cape on it. He also wears glasses. They are running towards a tall white tower in the distance. I jump in front of them and they stop.

"And... who would you be?" Asks the guy. He seems confused at my appearance. I notice his gaze on my wings.

"Grace. Don't stare too hard at my wings, they aren't going to attack you,"I tell him. He scoffs.

"What sort of soul reaper has wings?" He asks wrinkling his eyebrows. The girl is standing quietly behind him also eyeing my wings. I smile.

"Well, I'm not a soul reaper. Not from this realm, I suppose you could say. But that doesn't matter. What matters is the battle we are about to have,"I reply. He raises an eyebrow.

"You obviously haven't enough spiritual pressure to battle me," He says. I laugh at him." What?"

"You obviously judge books by covers. What's your name, before we engage in battle?"I reply.

"Uryu Ishida. And I am a Quincy," He says. He summons a bow made of blue light and I smile slightly.

"Impressive. Sever, Tengokuhime,"I say casually. My zanpakuto splits into the sai.

"I thought you said you weren't a Soul Reaper. Why do you have a Zanpakuto then?" He asks. He keeps his bow at his side.

"Well. I don't have the answer to that one myself. What about the girl behind you? Does she wish to battle at the same time? I can take two,"I smile and hold my sai up. She gives me a frightened look but a look of somewhat.... pity. Why does she pity me?