8:Cherry Blossoms (Edited)

Graces POV

When I awoke, the barracks were quiet. I heard a knock on the door and quickly stood to go open it. As I was going I forgot the blanket that was on me and tripped over it.

"Owwwww,"I hissed and stood up, ripping the blanket off and throwing it on the cot. I sighed, brushing myself off and walking over to the door. When I was opening it, I frowned. I had expected Momo. I was a little disappointed that someone was there and I didn't recognize them. "Um, hi?"

"Hello. I have been sent to escort you to Captain Kuchiki today. Miss Lieutenant Memo had a meeting this morning,"the person told me, not bothering to introduce themselves. I nodded and went to grab my things. We begin walking to the squad 6 barracks. They started to flash step and I followed closely behind them. We came to a  stop and I spotted a redheaded guy standing there waiting. "I've brought Grace, Lieutenant Abarai."

"Very well. Dismissed," He replied quickly. He reached out and grabbed my wrist in a tight grip.

"What-HEY!"I shouted as he began to pretty much drag me. I tried to pull back but he only tightened his hold."DUDE THAT HURTS!" He ignored me and sighed at my protesting.

"Damn it, we might not catch Captain Kuchiki before he leaves for a meeting. Hold on," Lieutenant Abarai said. He yanked me on his back and sped off. I blinked in surprise.

"Hey, what the hell, dude?! Put me down immediately!"I shouted as he flash stepped us quickly to Captain Kuchiki. I recognized the captain from the meeting as the one with the scarf and white hair clips in his hair. Redhead sat me down on the ground. In anger, I turned and slammed my fist into his bicep hard. He jolted and looked at me. 

"Ow, what the hell was that for?!"He hissed, rubbing his arm where he'd been hit.

"For practically ripping my wrist off and tossing me onto your back like a limp body!"I shouted back.

"Keep it down. Renji, thank you for bringing her. You will be handling training her for an hour or two though. I have a meeting to go to and will be back shortly. I apologize Grace for leaving you with my lieutenant. Forgive me?"He asked me. I nodded at him and smiled.

"It's no big deal, I understand. Thank you,"I answered. He turned and left the office we were standing in. Renji ground his teeth, annoyed. He crossed his arms and stared at me silently. I blinked. He sighed and closed his eyes.

"What's the last thing you learned?"Renji asked me. I frowned. 

"Flash step I suppose,"I reply. I cross the office and plop down in a chair. Renji feels free to take the one across from me.

"You're kidding. No Zanjutsu?"He asked me. I shook my head. He frowned. "What about Kido?"

"I've already mastered it,"I told him. His eyes widened and then narrowed in suspicion.

"No way in hell you mastered Kido in the few six days you've been here. It's not physically possible,"Renji scoffed at me. 

"Well, you know where I come from. We study all the realms, they saw Kido as an interesting opportunity for us to extend our powers,"I told him. I smiled and crossed my arms. "It's one of the things I was most successful in, I had the highest scores in it." Renji nodded once and stared at me for a moment.

"How about we practice Zanjutsu, then? Have you reached Shikai?" I shook my head at him. He sighed. "Show me your Zanpakuto." I nodded and pull the sheath and blade from my back belt loop. (A/N: think of it as the way Soi Fon has hers) When I handed it over to Renji he rose an eyebrow. "Well this is interesting."

"What is?"I asked him. He looked up at me, still holding my zanpakuto.

"Well, since you haven't reached Shikai, and as it's normal for most Soul Reapers, normally you would have just a standard katana. But as it seems for you, it's got a personality of its own already. Have you met your Zanpakuto yet?"He asked handing it back to me. Met? I wondered. I rose an eyebrow. "I guess that's a no then. Unsheathe it and lay it across your lap. Close your eyes and try meditating. I have to step out for something anyways, so I will be locking you in this room." Renji stands and leaves me alone in the room. I turn and watch the door shut. After a minute, I hear the lock click shut. I sigh and turn back to the zanpakuto in my hands. I slowly unsheathe the blade. The metal of the blade itself is black on one edge and silver on the other. In the light, if I tilt it just right then it has a teal shine to it.