"Right this way." The doctor spoke directing us to his room.

We walked into the room and when Sas looked up and saw us he wasn't happy, he had a mean mug on his face.

"Son. Are you okay?" KK walked over to him hugging him.

"Yeah I'm straight ma." He hugged her back.

"What happened?" Scrapp asked butting in.

"Some nigga caught me lackin' bro." He said dapping him up.

"We're definitely going to handle that though." Scrapp said.

"Fa'sure." Sas responded.

For about 5 minutes Sas spoke with his friends and his mom as I just looked at him interacting with everyone. It was a refreshing feeling since the thoughts in my mind were the total opposite of this outcome.

"Bae." He called for me after he was finished speaking to everyone else.

"Yes." I answered.

"Come here, why you sittin' over thea'?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I simply shrugged my shoulders, got up from the chair and made my way over to his bed.

When I finally got over to him, he patted the other side of the hospital bed.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Lay wit me." He said.

"No, I'm going to hurt you. I'll just pull up a chair." I told him, pulling up a chair.

"You not gon hurt me Bri, come lay with me." He said.

"No, Sas." I said.

He sighed deeply, clearly getting agitated.

"Can we have some privacy?" He asked everybody.

"Well damn, just kickin niggas out huh?" One of his friends said. I really need to learn their names.

"Right with his cuffing ass." Scrapp mumbled causing everybody to laugh.

Everyone left but KK as she sat in the chair looking at a magazine.

"Eh uhm." Sas cleared his throat.

"Oh, me too? Forget y'all then." She said putting the magazine down and leaving with much attitude causing us both to laugh.

"Your mom is crazy." I said to him.

"Tell me somethin' I don't know." He chuckled.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while before I spoke.

"I thought I was going to lose you." I said looking down.

"I ain't goin nowhea' shawty." He said.

I didn't respond because it wasn't up to him and he couldn't promise me that. One day, I will lose him, especially with the life he lives.