Chapter 11 pt.2

Bri

Sas's friends, his family and I all sat in the waiting room for what felt like hours. The doctors and the receptionist weren't trying to tell us anything which made the anticipation and anxiety worse for us.

I sat in the chair as my leg continuously shook up and down and my mind wandered. My thoughts were quickly wooshed away when I felt a hand placed on my leg.

"He's going to make it, I promise." KK said giving me a weak smile.

I knew she was hurting bad but she just wanted to keep hopes high.

"I hope so." I grabbed her hand.

"Me too." She said lowly as her voice cracked.

Scrapp stood in the corner with meanest mug on his face. I already know whoever did this is going to pay badly.

"Scrapp sit down son." KK told him.

He did as he was told but his face remained the same as he turned his attention to me.

"What happened?" He spoke sternly.

"Uh-"

"Family of Lyndon Baines King Jr." The doctor called cutting me off as we all stood to our feet.

"We're his family." KK spoke hopeful.

"Well, Mrs.King, as you know your son took a shot to the back of his head and he lost a lot of blood." He said.

"Yes Doctor, we know. Please just tell me he's okay, please." KK pleaded, holding back tears.

"He's currently in ICU and we are trying our very best. The bullet didn't go through which is a plus and we might be able to remove it. If we can do so, we're hopeful he'll be fine but it's out of our hands after that. He's in surgery now, if that goes well, you guys will be able to go back and see him." The doctor said to us which gave me an ounce of hope that I didn't have a few minutes ago.

"Thank you so much doctor." She spoke as he replied with a you're welcome and walked off.

"He's going to make it, I know he will. God's got us." She spoke to us all.

"I hope he do or I'm killing any and everybody that was at the scene. Everybody's a suspect. It was only one witness, how the fuck we supposed to know who really did it." Scrapp said looking at me.

"Chill bro." The guy with the tattoos on his face said to him.

I gulped nervously as Scrapp looked at me with nothing but hate.

"Stop it Scrapp." KK said to him, I guess everyone could sense the tension between us.

"I'm just saying ma." He said to her finally taking his eyes off of me.

I let out a breath of relief as I put my headphones in and let my mind wander again.

Sas please don't die on me, I need you.

***

About two hours later, the doctor approached us again, letting us know his surgery went well and he's up waiting to see us. He also, told us he was high off of the medicine he'd been given so he might act a little differently.