Prologue

We were only ten years old playing on that playground. It was a small rural town that no one really escaped but at the time we didn't know that. Our eyes didn't see broken roads, we saw possibilities. Our hands didn't touch abandoned buildings, we touched restaurants of the future. We didn't smell burned tires, we smelled swings tied up to a heavy branch of a tree.

Blake was on the play ground hanging from his legs on the monkey bars. He was swinging forward to backwards. If any adult saw him they would probably be worried but we didn't see that.

"Blake you are going to fall down and break your face." I tell him.

"No I'm not!" Blake replies.

Blake gets down from the monkey bars and walks over to me. He shakes his head and I roll my eyes. I slide down the slide and he does too.

Blake was a bit of a chubbier kid, of course I didn't notice. He had blonde hair and blue eyes and was a couple inches shorter than me. I had black hair and blue eyes. I was a smaller build and had a tutu on. He had a plain white shirt with an orange jacket and some jeans.

"You know what River?"

"What?" I look confused at him.

"Once I get taller then you will you marry me?" He holds his hand taller than me.

"I don't think that will ever happen shortie!" I laugh.

"Oh you'll see one day I'll be tall and you have to marry me!" Blake looks serious at me.

Then Blake's parents walked up and took him away. Back then I thought it was forever, but I should of know that Blake Darion would've come back.