Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Note/The Talk (Michael/Luke)

Michael's POV

I can't believe what Kelsey just said to Calum. He has done so much for her and he came all the way here just for her. I mean, we came to because we are terrified, but come on he fucking loves her and will do all of this just to have her safe in his arms. I rip a piece of paper out of my notebook. I grab a pen and write. I reach up and click the button to call the flight attendant. She walks up and I give her the scrap of paper.

"Give this to the brunette about ten rows in front of me in the aisle seat."

"Sure." the red head says.

"Thank you so much."

She smiles and walks to Kelsey's row. She slyly puts it under a bag of peanuts and hands it to her. Seconds later, I see a crumpled up scrap of paper rolling on the ground behind her. I walk over and pick it up. I go back to my seat. I open the paper. There's nothing there in response.

Luke's POV

I'm still confused as to what's going on. I was in the bathroom when something happened. I just got back and now I can see two of my bandmates looking confused and one looking like he's about to breakdown and cry. Dear Lord. I take my seat next to Ashton and I ask him what's going on.

"Well Calum asked Kelsey to come back with us, and she said that it's too late. Too late for what? I'm her older brother. Calum is her life. You and Michael are her best friends. How could it be too late for us? How could she go back to Australia with a fucking DEVIL?"

Wow.

That was a lot to take in.

I open my notebook to try and write Kelsey a note.

"It won't work." Michael interrupts me. "I tried... it won't work."

I sigh and put my notebook back.

I still can't believe all of this has happened to Kelsey. All of this thing with the disease and now the person that we call 'the devil.' Why wouldn't she just come back with us. I realize that I can only do one thing. Take the direct approach. I get out of my seat, walk to Kelsey's row, unbuckle her seatbelt, grab her arm and drag her into the bathroom with me.

"What the hell is going on?" I whisper.

She stares at me.

I hear a banging on the door.

"OPEN THIS NOW!" I hear whatshername screaming. She's going to kill Kelsey now. I didn't think this through.

"What the hell is going on with all of this?" I ask again.

"I don't know." she whispers.

"You don't know?"

She shakes her head.

"I just need to know what happened from when we lost to until now."

"Well the security guards didn't believe that she was kidnapping me just because she's my aunt, then I get stuck at security because I forgot to take my belt off and they stopped me for extra questioning just because my aunt had been taken into the security office earlier. They questioned me but finally let me through. But then Aunt Cassandra said something to me that I never realized before. That I need to see my family before my time is up. I love you guys to death... literally... but I need to see them. She said that if I didn't they would live to regret it. That all they would remember of me is stuff that happened six months before I left them. I can't go on thinking that. I can't just abandon them again. I love my family and to do that to them would be something unimaginable."

I'm in disbelief. How could Cassandra think of bullshit like that. Her and Ashton's parents and siblings were coming to visit in two days. She's been calling and videochatting them constantly. She was always closer to Ashton anyways, so not seeing him would be the worst thing to do.

"I'm sorry." she barely whispers, before a tear runs down her cheek. She turns around to open the door, but I pull her back. I hug her. I hug her with all my might. I close my eyes and all I can imagine is Kelsey being gone. Ashton and Calum crying. Michael and I crying. Her parents crying. Her little siblings crying. Everyone. Crying. No one able to talk. Not even at the funeral. She's going to die too young.

My thoughts get interrupted by the captain over the intercom, "Please fasten your seatbelts and if you're in the bathroom, please finish up because we will be landing soon."

"Don't leave me." I whisper to her.

"I have no choice."

"Yes... you do."