Chapter Six: What Doesn't Kill You/Sunset (Kelsey)

Kelsey's POV

"I don't know how I fell in love with him... I just did. I know it can't happen because I'll be gone soon, but I love Calum and nothing will change that." I start to cry even more.  

Ashton wraps his arms tighter around me, rocking me back and forth. He grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Kelsey. You are the strongest person that I know and Calum is one of the strongest as well. I can't say that there's anything we can do to change the situation, but go out there for Calum. Give him the best six months of his life." 

I look up at him, "But what will happen at the end?"  

"We'll deal with that later. But for now, you're going to go down to the lobby and meet Calum. Yeah, I eavesdrop, deal with it." He says, laughing.  

"Thank you Ash, I love you." I say, hugging him again. 

"I love you too. Now go!" He says, picking me up and dropping me off at the door.  

I walk outside and check my face in the mirror in the hallway, and thank goodness I didn't wear mascara today or else I'd be completely disgusting. I press the button on the elevator and go down. I walk into the lobby, and immediately stop Calum. I run over and hug him.  

"You okay?" He asks, surprised at my gesture.  

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I ask.  

"No idea!" He says, giggling. "You ready?" 

"Calum, I was born ready." I say, with a smirk.  

He laughs and grabs my hand.  

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.  

"To see the sunset." He says, smiling down at me.  

After a ten minute walk, we walk down to a beach, and he takes off his shoes, I follow his lead. We walk out to the water, and stand so just our feet are getting splashed. He grabs my hands so I face him.  

"Kelsey. I know you love watching the sunset. And the beach. So I decided to give you your favorite things!" 

"I love it, Calum!" I say, smiling.  

"And... I have to tell you something." 

"Shoot." 

"Well... We've known each other for about a month now, and we've been going on dates for a few weeks. And I just wanted to say that I love you." 

I'm shocked. I wasn't expecting him to say that. I just stare up into his eyes, speechless.  

He continues, noticing that I'm not speaking, "it's okay if you don't love me..." He starts.  

"But I do!" I almost yell. "I do love you, Calum. You are the most amazing guy I've ever met and I just love you." 

He cuts me off, kissing me. Slowly, we start to get closer and he places his hand in the small of my back. After our kiss breaks, I just stare at him. I'm in love with him. And he loves me back. My life couldn't get any better than this.