Chapter Nine: I'm Lost Without You/The Plan (Kelsey)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: LISTEN TO THE SONG THAT'S ATTATCHED TO THIS CHAPTER WHILE CALUM IS SINGING. JUST IMAGINE THAT IT'S ACOUSTIC AND IT'S IN CALUM'S VOICE :)

-------------

Kelsey's POV

Sitting backstage at these concerts, I really start to realize how talented the boys are. They surprise me every time because they fool around so much, but take their music so seriously and it blows my mind. 

"THANK YOU ONTARIO! YOU'VE BEEN AMAZING! WE LOVE YOU!" I hear Michael scream to the audience after their encore song. They run off the stage and walk into the dressing room, me following them. They change clothes into something a little less sweaty and Calum walks over to me.

"I wanna show you something." he smiles, grabbing my hand and running, forcing me to run with him, and we make our way to an empty room backstage. The only thing in there is a guitar. He sits me on the ground and sits down across from me. He smiles and starts playing the guitar. The tune sounds familiar, but he's playing the acoustic version so it sounds a little different. He starts singing.

"I swear that I can go on forever again
Please let me know that my one bad day will end
I will go down as your lover, your friend
Give me your lips and with one kiss we begin 
Are you afraid of being alone?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you 
I'll leave my room open till sunrise for you
I'll keep my eyes patiently focused on you
Where are you now I can hear footsteps I'm dreaming
And if you will, keep me from waking to believe this

Are you afraid of being alone?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

Are you afraid of being alone?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of being alone?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you
Are you afraid of leaving tonight?
Cause I am, I'm lost without you

I'm lost without you
I'm lost without you"

I smile the entire way through the song. Until I realize exactly what he said. "Are you afraid of being alone? Because I am, I'm lost without you." I start to feel tears streaming down my face, the saltiness running into my mouth. I sniffle in and wipe some tears with my hand. Calum sets his guitar down and hugs me. "I love you, Kelsey." he says, before he leans back, grabs my cheeks with his hands, and kisses me. Long and passionately. "I love you too" I smile back. He wipes the tears off my cheeks and hugs me again. He stands, pulling me up.

"Let's go out." he smiles.

"Where?" I ask.

"Anywhere. Follow me." He says with a smirk, grabbing my hand, yet again, and running over to the dressing room again. 

"C'MON GUYS LET'S GO!!!" Calum yells at the boys and they roll their eyes, but he obviously told them whatever his plan was, and they followed us out.

We get to the tour bus, but we start running towards a car. Ashton gets in the driver's seat with Calum next to him and Luke, Michael, and I are stuck in the back. I, being the smallest, have to sit in the middle.

I turn to Michael, "Where are we going?"

He lets out a sigh, "I'm not allowed to say."

I laugh to myself, knowing that whatever Calum has planned must be pretty great if he has to keep it a secret. Eventually, we stop at a gas station and Calum, Michael, and Ashton get out to pee. Luke and I sit there in silence for a few seconds, until he breaks the silence.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"Posting that on twitter. I saw some of the comments and it wasn't hard to tell that that's why you left for the toilets and Michael had to check on you."

"It's not your fault at all. It's just.... I think I'm starting to believe their comments about us."

"WHAT?!" he practically screams at me.

"Some of what they said is true!" I reply, harshly.

"Like what? That Calum is THEIR soulmate or that you don't deserve him? I know Calum and I know you and I know that neither of you have been this happy in a VERY long time."

"That doesn't change what's going to happen..." I mumble under my breath.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, concerned.

Just then, the car doors open and Calum exclaims, "I GOT RED VINES AND PRINGLES!! IT'S GONNA BE A LONG DRIVE!" He looks back at us and sees that Luke is staring at me, trying to figure out what's going on and I'm speechless. "Everything okay in here?" He asks, sympathetically. "Perfect." I say, smiling. Calum decides to get in the back with me and gives Michael the front seat. Michael, Luke, and Calum fall asleep eventually, and Ashton is left driving. If I came that close to telling Luke and have already told Michael, I'm going to spill the beans eventually to Calum, but I don't know how he's going to react. I really have dug my own grave here.