Chapter Twenty: My Side/Oh God (Kelsey/Calum)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: SO I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M ALREADY ON CHAPTER TWENTY RIGHT NOW... THE NIGHT BEFORE I GET TO SEE MY BBYS 5SOS AND 1D PLAY... WHOOP! I'M DEDICATING THIS CHAPTER TO @ADREAMERSDREAM AKA MAH BESTIE BECAUSE WE'RE GOING TO THE CONCERT TOMORROW... WOOT WOOT!! OKAY HERE'S THE CHAPTER...

Kelsey's POV

"I'm not going to talk to him, Ashton. He's a stuck up prick who doesn't even know what he's talking about. He's been with twenty times more girls than the amount of guys I've been with. He has no rhyme or reason to call me a skank! I don't care if it kills him that I'm not coming back! He deserves it!"

Ashton has been trying to convince me it was a misunderstanding for about twenty minutes now.

"He didn't fucking mean it and you know that! He wasn't saying it like that... it was completely out of context! Can you just let him explain?!" 

"I thought you were supposed to be on my side, Ashton! What about that whole speech about me being your baby sister forever? Do you think I'm not hurt by this? This is KILLING me! I love Calum, but I can't be with someone that says shit like that! I have morals! And I don't care if I spend the rest of my God forsaken life trying to hide from him! I don't have that much time left anyways! I'll be dead sooner or later!"

Ashton stands up and growls, punching a whole right through the door to the bathroom. He mumbles something to himself and walks out. I'm speechless. Sure, Ashton's had his moments in the past, but I've never seen him do something like that! Seconds later, I see Ashton walking back through the door to the bus, but this time, he is dragging someone with him. I look at his face. It's Calum.

"Why the fu--" 

"I'M LOCKING YOU TWO IN HERE UNTIL YOU COME TO A CONSENSUS!" Ashton cuts me off before doing exactly what he said he would. 

"Kelse--"

"No." I cut him off. He looks at me, speechless. "No, I won't let you talk to me about this. I don't care what Ashton says, I'm not listening to you."

"Kels--"

"NO!"

"KELSEY LET ME EXPLAIN!"

"NO I WON'T LET YOU EXPLAIN ANYTHING! YOU HAVE NOTHING TO EXPLAIN! YOU CALLED ME A SKANK AND---"

"NO I DIDN'T!"

"ARE YOU SAYING I'M MAKING ALL OF THIS UP?"

"NO--"

"EXACTLY! YOU CALLED ME A SKANK AND I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY BEHIND IT. YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT."

"BUT CAN YOU LET ME?"

"WHY SHOULD I?"

"Because I need you to hear this!" he pleads.

"And what will I get out of it?"

"An explanation."

I groan and sit down on Ashton's bed, looking at Calum, waiting for him to explain himself.

He takes a deep breath in and starts.

"Well... back in 2014, Ashleigh and I had a little fling. I ended it, knowing that I wouldn't see her again for another year. She has been bitter about it since. I went to check on her earlier because I feel almost like it's my fault she was injured. When we were talking, she got mad and called you things that you're not. I told her that she was just bitter and walked out. When I came back to Ashton's room, Luke saw that I had been crying. He took me outside into the hall and I was telling him what Ashleigh called you. I started freaking out because I figured that Ashleigh might not be the only one to think that you are... because of me. And you walked into us right when I was saying that Ashleigh might not be the only one. It was horrid timing and I hate myself that you had to hear that and think that I would ever ever call you anything like that. I couldn't live with myself if I ever lost you."

Calum's POV

I finally get the last words out and I'm breathing heavily, trying not to let any tears fall out. I meant every single word I said. Kelsey is just sitting there. It doesn't look like she's breathing, if so, not very deeply. She isn't speaking or moving. Suddenly, she slowly moves her hand to the bed and her other hand on her stomach. I look into her eyes and I've only ever seen them like that one other time. I run two steps over and catch her before she hits the ground. I pick her up and start banging on the door. Why the hell did Ashton actually lock it?

"ASHTON ASHTON! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" I start screaming, before he slowly opens the door. I practically push him to the ground, running to the front of the hospital. I hear Ashton's footsteps behind me. I run up to the front desk and try to explain to the nurses what happened. Ashton sees that I'm struggling and takes over. They try to make me put Kelsey into a wheelchair to wheel her back but I can't let her go. Ashton finally takes her and sets her down. They bring her behind the doors and won't let me go with her. I start to scream at the nurses, but Ashton takes my arm and tries to calm me down

He grabs my arm, trying to sit me down. After many failed attempts, he gets me down. He sits down next to me and grabs my shoulder with his hand.

"Hey, she'll be alright."

"How do you know that?"

"She's been through this before. It's no different than last time."

"It could be"

"I promise it's not"

"How can you be sure?"

"I can't be... but I know Kelsey's strong."

"But what if the disease is stronger?"