Chapter Fourteen: Hard Times/Take A Hint (Kelsey)

Kelsey's POV

"Calum, can I tell you something?"

He looks shocked. He nods his head, standing up and helping me up, then leading me to the front of the bus.

"Calum, this is going to be really hard to say."

"What are you talking about?"

"There's something I need to tell you and I want you to know that it won't be hard to say. It might be the hardest thing I've had to do in my life."

He looks in shock.

"Please don't." he begs.

"I need to."

"I can change."

"What are you talking about?"

"Aren't you breaking up with me?"

"No! I would never! Calum, it's something else."

I continue to tell him about everything that had to do with my sickness. And why I ended up in the hospital and that I needed a strict diet with craploads of pills daily. And then I explained why I didn't tell him.

"I... I couldn't tell you... because I... I thought you'd get mad. Or get sad, or just ditch me. Honestly, I didn't know what you would do and that scared me. I couldn't stand the thought of losing you. You mean way too much to me and I knew I couldn't give that up."

He cuts me off with a strong and passionate kiss. He presses me against the wall and we start to move in unison. When the kiss breaks he says, "I could never get mad at you. You are the best thing to ever happen to me. You are the reason that I smile every morning when I wake up because I know that you're mine. You are the reason that I smile during the rest of the day. Even though I smile around other people, my smile isn't real until I get to see you. And I hate the fact that you will be taken from me in five months, but we can't change it. We can just make the best of the time we have now and-" 

I cut him off with a kiss.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"Making the best of the time we have."

 -------

AUTHOR'S NOTE: IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LAST LINE THEN PLEASE ASK.... BUT I DON'T WANT TO EXPLAIN IT IF YOU ALREADY UNDERSTAND IT. SO YEAH.... IT IS WHAT YOU THINK IF YOU'RE THINKING..... YEAH ;)