AAU

It's the next morning and Zosia and Oliver make there way into work. They get changed in the locker room before going out onto the ward to be greeted by an angry looking Jac.

"Valentine my office now" Jac called. Oliver followed Jac into her office and Zosia sat down at the nurses station. She could hear Jac shouting at Oliver.

He emerged from her office a little bit later.

"You're not dead then?" Zosia joked as Oliver picked up some files from the desk.

"Nope, I am however on double shifts and have all the worst jobs." Oliver says glumly.

He takes his notes over to a patient that he has seen before. A women who is always faking her symptoms and miraculously gets better any time they actually want to run tests.

"Mrs Lang, I'm going to need to do a blood test" Oliver tells her grabbing a needle from a nearby trolley.

"Is that completely necessary? I am feeling better." She tells him perking up a little.

"Oh yes, we can't have you keep walking out and coming back." Oliver says before taking some blood.

He takes the blood and sends it off for analysis before sitting back at the nurses station and logging on to the computer. He hasn't been sat down long when Jac comes out of her office.

"Valentine, your going down to AAU, suspected cardiac case that they need your input on." Jac tells him.

Oliver quickly took the opportunity and made his way downstairs. It couldn't get any worse could it. He made his way over to the desk on AAU where Fletch was sat.

"Ah Mr Valentine, Cardiac patient in bed 3. She has a heart defect and we just needed someone to check her over to make sure she is ok for surgery." Fletch explains.

Oliver checks over the patient who should be fine during surgery and goes back over to the nurse station.

"Your patient Mrs Charles should be ok to go into surgery but let me know if I can help you out." Oliver tells Fletch.

"Right, I'll just let Mr Di Luca know." Fletch replies walking off the ward.

"So who you trying to avoid? Jac or Zosia?" Cara asks smiling.

"Jac, I may have declined a call from her whilst on call and she may have me on all the crappy jobs." Oliver tells her.

"So what were you doing instead?" Cara asks.

"I think my patient's calling me." Oliver smiles going over to the bed but Cara just follows him over.

"Oh, Something with Dr March then." Cara laughs.

"Maybe." Oliver says going a little red.

"It's fine your secrets safe" Cara replies.

"Anyway how is it being back on AAU?" Oliver asks trying to move the conversation on.

"Anything has got to be better than having Jac breathing down your neck every 5 minutes." Cara tells him.

"I know the feeling, I might just stay and make sure there aren't any complications." Oliver says whilst checking his patients obs.

"I'm sure Raf could use your expertise in theatre." Cara tells him.

Oliver waits out the rest of his shift on AAU before heading back up to Darwin and getting changed.

A/n - I know it's not great but I'm struggling for ideas again. I might finish this book soon xx