Goodbye Morven

It had been a couple of weeks since Arthur's last shift and he was rapidly declining.

"What do you want to do today?" Morven asked sitting beside him.

"I want to go to the hospital." Arthur told her

"Why, You know your not allowed to work there anymore." Morven replied.

"I spent most of my life dreaming of being a doctor there, I just need to see it one last time." Arthur replied.

 "Fine" Morven said.

They made there way over to the hospital in the car and parked close to the gardens.

They got out of the car and sat down on the bench in the peace garden.

"Morven, I want you to know that I love you" Arthur tells her.

"And I love you" She says smiling.

"But I know that I'm not going to be here forever. So I want you to be happy ok, move on find someone new" he says a little teary eyed.

"No I love you Arthur I don't need anyone else" Morven insists.

They sit hugging on the bench for a while before going back to the flat where Dom and Zosia are waiting.

"where have you two been?" Dom enquires as they come through the door.

"Just at the hospital, I need one last look" Arthur replies and with that Zosia got up and went to her room.

"What's up with her?" Arthur asks.

"Just a tough day at work" Dom lies knowing that Zosia was in fact finding it hard knowing that soon Arthur wouldn't be around.

"Oh Right, Ms Naylor on her case again?" Arthur asked.

"Yeah I think so" Dom replied.

Morven and Arthur cuddled up on the sofa and Dom went off to the pub.

"I love watching your documentaries" Morven smiled up at Arthur.

"I'm glad someone does" Arthur smiled back.

It was a couple of hours later and Morven and Arthur had fallen asleep. Arthur soon woke up, finding it hard to breathe and removed himself from the sofa laying Morven's head on some cushions.

He went into the kitchen and took one of his tablets which eased his breathing. He crouched down next to Morven and kissed her on the head.

"Goodbye Morven, I love you he whispered" Knowing he had a week at best and he wasn't likely to see her again before he died.