Funeral

It was a week later and the day of Arthur's funeral. Dom and Zosia got ready that morning in silence, although that hadn't been unusual lately.

They made their way to the funeral, Zosia in her black dress and Dom in his suit. They arrived only to find that the limited people from the hospital had been asked to sit at the back. They didn't know why but did so anyway.

Zosia was on the left followed by Dom, Morven and Essie and with Hanssen, Ric, Serena and Sacha behind them. They all cried through out the service although Ric and Hanssen wouldn't let anyone know that.

The Funeral was soon finished and with none of them being invited to the wake they had planned there own at Albies.

They walked in to find Colleagues new and old all sitting around talking, sharing stories about Arthur. Everyone sat down, Dom staying near to Zosia and avoiding Malick at all costs.

"To Arthur, The only person I know that would have hated having two get together all about him" Serena toasted.

Everyone raised there glass.

"Junior doctor of the year 2013" Sacha said proudly.

"Let's not talk about that day, aye" Malick laughed.

The newer people at the hospital hadn't really understood his comment but everyone else laughed a little.

"I remember when he came to me for relationship advice" Ollie laughed. "I mean me really" he added. Zosia laughed a lot at the thought of an awkward Arthur asking a just as awkward Oliver for advice.

"I remember when he came in with a toy solider in his arm" Fletch reminisced.

"It was a Calvary man, I can't believe we had to bring him back after he fainted at the sight of his own blood" Morven said a little tearfully.

"I remember after the crash he brought me breakfast at the hospital and then proceeded to show me the workings of my Brain using a croissant" Chantelle chuckled.

"I can't do this, I'm going" Zosia told Dom before leaving the pub.

"she alright?" Sacha asked noticing Zosia's exit.

"Just tired, It's been a hard day. I better go with her though." Dom said before leaving the pub too.

He notices Zosia walking off into the distance and runs after her.

"Zosia wait up" Dom called out to her.

Zosia quickly turned around and stopped walking allowing Dom to catch up to her.

"I'm not going back in there Dom, I can't sit there and listen to them telling stories about him ok. It's too hard, I know I should be there but I can't do it" Zosia tells him a little mad at herself.

"It's fine Zosh, you want to go home?" Dom asks putting an arm around her.

Zosia nods and they get a cab back to the flat. Zosia goes straight into her room and Dom sits on the sofa watching tv.

Meanwhile back at the pub people where sharing there happy, funny and even awkward memories of Arthur still, and the only person to have left was Hanssen as he had to get back to the hospital.

"Do you remember when he started and we convinced him that he had to practice put on gloves and he spent like the next 3 nights practising" Malick laughed as he looked at Sacha.

"He would have done anything you told him too" Sacha laughed.

"I remember when he tripped over his own foot and dropped all those files right in front of Hanssen" Raf added.

They continued to talk about him all night.