Prologue.

Jungkook:

There's a knock at the door downstairs.

Maybe if I ignore it they'll go away... that seems to be how I cope with my problems now anyway. Mum will answer it though.

I listen to the latch click open, the footsteps and the murmurs that ensue. We're not expecting anyone - no friends nor relatives. Not that I've spoken to anyone lately anyway. As much as I'd like to remain in the isolated world that was my room, the curiosity wouldn't leave me alone.

I stumble down the stairs, seeing who was standing in the living room below. Oh. I freeze halfway to see my mum and two policemen standing in the middle of my living room. All three turned to look at me. We all know why they're here. Slowly joining them in the living room, Mum places her hand comfortingly on my arm as we and the two policemen take a seat.

The first of the policemen, tall, slightly intimidating - yet soft in tone, spoke first, breaking the heavy silence.

'I assume you know why we're here...' I nod slowly as he continued. 
'We're here to enquire about opening the missing persons case, someone has requested for it to be reopened,' reopened?! Who apart from us would request to reopen the case?

'...and we understand you and your family knew Jimin well.' 

Again I could only nod, I felt as though if I even attempted to speak my voice would crack and disappear. I can't stop fumbling with my hands, jogging my leg up and down and biting my lip.
I feel as though if I stop moving I won't be able to breathe and my heart will start racing and I'll start panicking an-
'Hey...hey,' Mum speaks softly, interrupting my internal crisis, 'it's okay.'

She turns to the policemen. 'We do know Jimin, any questions you have that may help find him we'll be happy to answer.'

'We just wanted to know a little bit about your relationship with the missing person – anything you knew about him or can tell us that may help us to find him, any relationship issues that may have caused him to disappear.'
The second policeman, shorter and stouter than the other, explained.
He leans forward to face me.                 

'Jungkook, could you tell us about your relationship with Jimin?'

'...were you close to him?'