I Love You Mother

Song: We Stitch These Wounds by Black Veil Brides

Chelsea

"Oliver, I'm gonna go to the grocery store and pick up a few things," I announced before getting Melody ready to go. She was one year old now and she was adorable.

"Ok. I love you!" he called back. I let out a chuckle. He acted like we were going to be gone for days instead of just a few hours.

"Love you, too," I replied. Oliver and I had been married for about six months now and I was just as in love with him as I was when we had just met.

I walked down to our car, buckled Melody into her carseat, and we were off. We lived pretty close to everything so it didn't take too long to get there. After getting a cart and putting Melody in the child seat in the front, we started our short shopping trip. I really just needed to pick up some milk, eggs, and a few other things.

"Last thing," I murmured to myself about twenty minutes later. Just milk and then we'd be out of here. I absolutely hated going to the grocery store.

Just as I was about to grab a gallon of milk, another hand reached for it at the same time. There was something familiar about it. As my eyes followed the hand up to an arm up to a familiar face. That was the hand that had hit me so many times, the mouth that had called me a whore, the person who didn't love me.

"Mum?" I questioned quietly. Even though we lived close to where my mum lived, I hadn't seen her around until now. I guess with being on tour with Bring Me The Horizon there hadn't been much chance to.

"Chelsea, it's nice to see you again," she replied and then she did something that surprised me so much I almost asked her if she knew who I was; she pulled me into a hug. It took me a few moments to overcome my shock, but I soon wrapped my arms around her.

"And who is this?" she asked, gesturing towards Melody. I hadn't spoken to my mum since before I moved in with my dad, so she had no idea that she was a grandmother or that Oliver was now her son-in-law.

"This is Melody," I responded, looking at my daughter with loving eyes. She gurgled back at me with a happy little smile.

"She's adorable," my mum murmured. She reached out to her and Melody wrapped her tiny hand around my mum's finger. Something about the way she looked at Melody told me something in her had changed. "Does this mean I'm a grandmother?" she added, turning her attention back to me.

"Yep," I replied. I wasn't sure if I should be nice to my mum considering she hated me for over ten years of my life, but she looked like she had changed.

"Are you still with Oliver?" she questioned. I couldn't believe she actually remembered his name. She had never been nice to him, so I was shocked.

"Yep, we're married now," I responded. A few years ago she would've been calling me a slut for getting pregnant, but she just nodded and smiled down at Melody.

"Did you get to go to college to study to be a writer?" she inquired. I was again shocked that she ever knew what I wanted to be. I had barely ever mentioned it in front of her because she had always shot down all of my dreams, but she actually remembered.

"Yeah, I'm a sophomore," I answered with a nod. Suddenly, her phone went off and she pulled it out. Her smile turned to a frown when she saw who it was.

"I have to get going back to work, but maybe we could catch up sometime," she suggested. She then told me to put my number in her phone, which I did. I doubted she would ever call me again, but it seemed like she actually cared.

"I missed you," she whispered, pulling me into another hug. After a moment or two, she pulled away a bit to look at me and then let me go. We said our goodbyes and she was gone, disappearing into the crowd of strangers.

"Well, it looks like Grandma changed," I told Melody. She just made her cute little baby noises and smiled at me. I really wish she could talk sometimes.

Oliver

"Guess who I saw at the store," Chelsea said as she came through the door holding Melody. Before I could answer, I grabbed Melody from her arms and sat down on the couch with her in my arms.

"Who?" I questioned. I was really only half paying attention to what she was saying. I was too wrapped up in how cute my daughter. She was definitely going to have all the boys chasing after her when she grew up.

"My mum," she replied. My head shot up. If I had been standing, I think I would've dropped Melody. Neither Chelsea nor I had seen her mum in years. I practically forgot she had one.

"What happened?" I questioned curiously. She seemed physically unharmed and her eyes weren't puffy so she hadn't been crying. That was a good sign. You never knew with her mother.

"She was actually really... nice. She's changed. A lot. I don't know what happened, but it was like she was completely different person. She actually said she missed me," she responded. The first thing I thought was that she probably just missed her human punching bag, but I didn't say it. If Chelsea thought she had changed, then I believed her. Whether it was actually true or not was the real question. I really doubted such a bitchy women could have changed, but I hadn't seen her, so I couldn't say anything.

"Well, that's good," I told her. I really had no idea what I was suppose to say to something like that. Melody made a little noise like she agreed, which made both of us chuckle. I reached down to kiss her forehead.

"She just seemed like a totally different person," she murmured to herself. She walked into the kitchen to put away the few groceries she had boughten and left me alone with Melody.

"Oh, hey. My parents wanted to take Melody next weekend because they want to spend some time with her before we leave," I called out to Chelsea. We were leaving on one last tour before we went into the studio to record album number two. I was pretty excited about this next album. Our first one had went over well with the fans and I think I had really improved as a song writer over the last few years.

"Sounds good because I want to spend some time with you before we leave," she replied. I could picture the smile on her face as she said the last line. Though her comment caused me to chuckle, we both knew she was serious about 'spending some time' together. With a one year old baby, alone time didn't come very often. Any alone time with Chelsea sounded very nice.

AN: I think I'm going to end this story soon. Before I do finish, is there anything you guys want to happen?