All I Ever Wanted I Already Had

Song: Melody's Song by The Ready Set

Chelsea

"Just one more push!" Dr. Marshall instructed. To be honest, I was done. I felt like I might just pass out or something. As much as Mrs. Sykes had told me about giving birth, nothing could have prepared me for this. The pain was the worst thing a human being can experience. I can't even describe it that's how bad it was.

I took in a huge breath and prepared me to push this baby out of me. As I pushed, I let out a little scream and squeezed Oli's hand. I was never having sex again. He gave me an encouraging smile. He wouldn't be smiling if he was the one who was pushing a baby out of his vagina, would he?

After a few moments, I heard a small cry come from my crouch. I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. If they Dr. Marshall made me push again, I would've been dead. The umbilical cord was cut and one of the nurses then carried the baby away to clean it up. I looked up at Oli to see him watching the nurse intently. He had been really excited about the baby the whole month before my due date.

"You did great, love," he told me as he kissed the top of my head. He moved some hair out of my face and wiped the sweat off my skin. He looked down at me with loving eyes that almost made me forget about all the pain I had just gone through. Almost.

Before his could say anything else, the nurse came over holding our baby. It was weird to think that it was our baby. It didn't seem real yet. "Do you want to hold her first?" she asked Oliver with a smile.

He nodded and the nurse laid her in his arms. As he stared down at her, I swear I saw a tear slip down his cheek. I had seen him cry before, but for some reason that time was different.

"I'll go get everybody," he told me after a few moments. He handed Melody back to the nurse reluctantly. He gave Melody one last look and my hand one last squeeze before heading out of the room to go get his parents, Tom, Nicholls, Matt, Curtis, Lee, Austin, and Lexi.

As the nurse helped me lay my daughter in my arms, it seemed like all the pain had been worth it. She had stopped crying and stared up at me with big brown eyes that matched mine. As she blinked up at me, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Happy tears, of course. She was perfect. She was literally everything I could've asked for.

Soon, Oliver came back in with everyone following behind him. "I call holding her first!" Nicholls announced as he entered the room. I chuckled before letting him take her from me.

"She looked just like her mummy," he told me with a small smile. She did look a lot like me. Same brown eyes, same brown hair as my natural color, same nose. She could've been my clone.

"That's why she's so beautiful," Oliver interjected. He wrapped an arm around me and sat down on the bed next to me. I felt my face get hot and it wasn't from all the pushing I had just done.

"Can I barf now?" Curtis questioned sarcastically, causing us all to laugh. As sappy as Oli's commented was, those types of things were always nice to hear. I was seriously so happy that Oli and I were starting our little family together.

Oliver

Holding Melody for the first time was truly the best moment of my life. I couldn't think of anything that compared to being able to hold her. I swear I almost cried. She was beautiful. She was so tiny. I didn't even know fingers could be as small as hers were.

I looked over at the bed to see Chelsea sound asleep. It had been a few hours since Melody had been born and everyone had left. Now that Chelsea was asleep, it looked like it was just Melody and me. I looked down at my new daughter with smile. Her little mouth formed into a yawn and I smile formed on my face. She was so cute. I couldn't believe that I had created something so cute. She was perfect. I already loved her so much and it had only been a few hours.

Silence had filled the room and my thoughts turned to something I had been thinking about a lot lately. When we had first told my parents that Chelsea was pregnant, my dad asked me if we were going to get married. I had originally said no because I didn't want Chelsea to think I was just marrying her because of the baby, but I had been thinking about it more. I would love to be married to her, to be with her for the rest of my life. I seriously couldn't think of anyone else who I wanted to be with. I had never loved someone as much as I loved her, well, I definitely loved Melody just as much if not more than I loved Chelsea, but she obviously didn't count.

I had been thinking about asking her for awhile. I wasn't sure now was the time, though. I mean, it was already going to be hectic enough with a new baby. We didn't need to add planning a wedding on top of that, but lately, I didn't really want to wait. We could get engaged and then just wait to get married for awhile, right? I really just wanted to be with her forever. I never wanted to lose her. I wanted her to know that no matter what I loved her and only her.

I suddenly knew that I was definitely going to ask her. I could get Lexi to help me pick out a ring and get my parents to watch Melody for the night. I knew both my mum would love the idea since she loves Chelsea.

I looked down at Melody just in time to see her eyelids blink as if she was trying to stay awake. "You want me and mummy to get married?" I questioned in whisper. She stared back up at me and rubbed her eyes with her tiny fist. "I'm gonna take that as a yes," I said, kissing her forehead. I smiled as her eyes closed and her small chest rose and fell signaling that she was asleep. "I love you, Melody," I told her.