I Hate Being Alone

Song: All Alone by fun.

Chelsea

"Hey, Chelsea," Austin greeted. We had slowly been getting to know each other and it was nice to have someone to talk to outside of Tom. He had asked me if I wanted to go see a film with him this weekend and he was now picking me up. I did want to see the movie with him, but I wasn't sure if he was thinking of this as a date and that made me a bit nervous. I didn't want to tell him I didn't want it to be a date because if he didn't want to go on a date then things would be awkward so I just kept my mouth shut.

"Hi," I responded, slipping my phone into my pocket. We made our way to his car and climbed in. He had a pretty nice car, not like the piece of shit I drove.

Since we were about an hour early to the film, we decided to pick up a quick lunch while we waited. The cinema was in the mall so we just headed to the food court. I headed straight for the salad works since it was the only thing I can eat in the food court besides cheese pizza. Austin stayed by me the whole time even when I told him to go get his own meal.

I got my usual since I go to Salad Works a lot. As the cashier rang me up, we both pulled out our wallets. So, he did want this to be a date. "I got it," Austin told me, trying to get me to put my wallet away.

"No, I really can play for it myself," I replied. I wasn't sure how I could make my feelings about the whole date thing known to him without being too obvious. "It's not like this is a date or anything," I added. Suddenly his happy grin fell and I wished I could take back what I had said. It was true, but he was always so happy that seeing him so happy made me upset.

"You're, like, one of healthiest eaters I have ever met," he told me once we sat down at a small table towards the back of the food court. He chuckled a bit at y healthy salad.

"I'm a vegetarian," I explained. Saying that sentence made me think of my other favorite vegetarian. I wondered how Oliver was doing. He hadn't rang yesterday and I had assumed the time difference was too crazy to ring. He was always so considerate about not calling while I was suppose to be sleeping or was at school.

We ended up talking about being a vegetarian for awhile and soon we had to dash into the theatre so we weren't late. The film was really good, but the whole time I had to make sure I wasn't going to accidently touch his hand while getting popcorn or do anything else that might give him the idea that this was more than a friendship. I really liked him, but as I friend. Yeah, I thought he was cute, but I learned to contain those feelings most of the time and when I couldn't I never said it out loud. I always felt guilty after thinking about Austin's good looks. I had my own VERY hot guy and I didn't need another one. Neither did I want another one. I didn't like Austin like that. He was my new friend not my new boyfriend. I had Oliver. I loved Oliver more than anything and Austin wasn't going to ruin that for me even if he ended up doing it without knowing.

Oliver

As I ran off stage that night, I checked the time and figured I would call Chelsea later since it was Saturday now in Sheffield and she was probably still sleeping. I grabbed a towel and dried off the sweat from my face. After I finished drying off, I decided to head back to the tour bus.

As soon as I got outside, I was practically attacked by a girl in her early twenties. "Oh my God! You're Oliver Sykes, right? I love your band. Can I get a picture with you?" she gushed. She looked like the band sluts that used to go to our local shows. She had long straight blonde hair and brown eyes. Her smile was almost seductive. She was wearing a low cut floral shirt that only went down to her belly button, a mini skirt, and knee highs. I practically cringed at the sight of her. Girls like that were actually a turn off to me. I wasn't one of those guys who thought that the more skin showing the better. I liked a girl with self respect... like Chelsea. I hadn't gotten a chance to talk to her in awhile because of the timezones and I missed the sound of her voice.

"Sure," I responded. She took her phone out from her pocket and held it out in front of us. I smile and put up the metal fingers and she snapped the picture. Taking fan pictures always reminded me of Chelsea's photo collage for some reason. A lot of things reminded me of Chelsea. Mostly everything did. Someone could do something as simple as sneeze and I would be reminded of something Chelsea did. It was almost becoming obsession.

The girl then went in for a hug and I happily reciprocated the action. No matter how slutty the fan, they were still a fan and the reason we were here today playing a show to a sold out crowd and living our dreams. She held on a little too long for my comfort to be honest though.

"So, what will you guys do after the show tonight?" she asked. I kind of had a feeling of what she was getting at but I decided to play dumb.

"Well, we'll pack up our trailer and head to the next city later tonight," I replied. I was trying to keep my cool, but I had been asked the same question last week with a different girl.

"Awwww, no free time," she said with a pout. Chelsea could do the cutest little pouty face. It was really adorable.

"Nope, sorry," I replied casually. I was about to walk away when she started talking again.

"You couldn't make time?" she questioned. This one was stubborn. Last week the girl had given up after that line. Why did so many people what to have sex with me anyway? Just because I was in a band? They were all very pretty girls, so couldn't they just get a boyfriend and leave me alone?

"No. We're really busy," I responded and practically ran to the safety of the bus. I wondered if people just stood outside the backstage entrance waiting for a band member to come out because it seemed like someone was always bothering me. I think this was the one downfall of being in a band: slutty fans. I loved our fans, but I didn't want to give these girls what they so clearly longed for.