Dreaming Of Us Leaving

Song: All I Want by A Day To Remember

Chelsea

Over a year has pasted since This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For was released. Bring Me The Horizon has since changed from Thirty Days Of Night Records to Visible Noise. Visible Noise rereleased This Is What The Edge Of Your Seat Was Made For causing the boys to get some recognition. Thankfully for me, they haven't actually done a tour yet. They played a few shows here and there, but are really focused on writing an album. Their very first album had just been released, called Count Your Blessings and I was so proud to call them my friends. I saw a girl at school with one of their t-shirts one day and I had almost attacked her. I was now a senior and I was counting down the days until I could leave this place and never return. They had just left for their first tour. They were going to be touring the states with As I Lay Dying, which made me so jealous, and The Devil Wears Prada. I had been dreading them leaving.

~Flashback~

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I whispered just a few days earlier. I pulled Oli into another hug. I had been trying not to cry all day, but right then, standing at the airport I couldn't hold them back anymore.

"I'm gonna miss you, too, Chelsea, but it's gonna be ok. We can still call each other and text all the time," he told me, running his hand down my hair. He pulled away a bit so he was still holding me in his arms.

"I know," I mumbled even though I knew that it wouldn't be the same. I was going to miss him, everything about him, his kisses, his face, the way he touched me, everything. I wished I could stop him from going but I knew I couldn't.

"I'll call you when we land, ok? I love you," he told me, kissing my forehead. I was trying to memorize our every move so I wouldn't forget it. How was I suppose to last three moths without him?

"I love you, too," I replied. He gave me one last kiss before pulling me close to him again and then heading off. I must have sat in my car for a half hour just crying.

~End Flashback~

I walked into my first period class and sat down in my regular seat. I pulled my book out of my bag and opened to where I had left off. I had read about a page when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see a boy. He was really tall and his brown hair fell over his green eyes. 

"Does anyone sit here?" he questioned with an American accent pointing to the desk next to me. He gave me a smile. I had never seen him so I was guessing he was new here.

I shook my head and went back to my book. "I'm Austin," the boy said. This conversation reminded me of the one I had with Oli over two years ago. The thought of him made my lips turn into a sad smile.

"I'm Chelsea," I responded. I put my book down since he looked like he was looking for a conversation. I was reading the book Oli had gotten me last year.

"Are you new here?" I asked. I shoved my book into my bag and turned to him. As I got a better look at him, I couldn't help thinking that he was cute. Wait, what was I thinking? Oli hadn't even been gone two weeks and I was already looking at other guys?! I quickly pushed the thought out of my head.

"Yeah. My family just moved here from California for my dad's job," Austin explained. He fiddled with the zipper on his hoodie. I could tell he was nervous and I would be too if I was him.

"My brother and my step-mum are from there," I told him. He looked at me with another one of those killers smiles. We were silent for awhile until the bell ended up ringing.

At lunch that day I pulled out my book and lunch since Tom and I don't have the same lunch. We were still pretty good friends though. I guess we kind of needed to be since neither of us had any other friends. I was just about to sink my teeth into my peanut butter sandwich when a familiar figure came up to me.

"Do you mind if I sit with you?" I looked up to see Austin giving me a hopeful look. I already felt pretty comfortable around him and we had just met this morning. It kind of scared me.

"Of course I don't mind," I replied, putting my book away. I knew he probably didn't have anywhere else to sit considering it was his first day.

"Why are you sitting alone?" he asked after a few moments. At school, I looked pretty anti-social considering I always say alone and never talked to anyone, but I really had a lot of friends outside of school.

"Well, most of my friends are already out of school and my friend that does go here has the other lunch period," I answered with a sigh, thinking about Oliver, Nicholls, Lee, Matt, and Curtis off somewhere in America. I wished I was there with them.

Oliver

"Thank you LA! That was mental!" I yelled into the mic before running off stage. I was grinning just like every day I came off stage. I quickly checked the time to see that it was 10:30 here which meant it was 6:30 AM in Sheffield so Chelsea was just getting up for school. I took out my phone assuming it was safe to ring her since she wouldn't be in class or asleep.

"Hi, Oli," she greeted a bit groggily. I could practically imagine her getting up from bed and getting ready for school.

"Hey, Chelsea. I didn't wake you up, did I?" I questioned. I thought I had done my calculations right, but you never know.

"No. I just woke up, like, two minutes before you called. Did you just get off stage?" she said. We had very similar conversations every time we were on the phone. I guess there wasn't too much to talk about. We both did the same thing everyday.

"Yep. How's school?" I asked. I started to head back to the bus leaving everyone else to watch The Devil Wears Prada. I'd rather be talking to Chelsea than watching a band that I watch practically every night.

"Pretty good. I think I made a new friend," she told me a bit more cheerily. I knew she had been a bit upset when her and Tom weren't given the same lunch. They had become quite close since they were the only two of us left at home and in school.

"Really? That's good. Now you'll have someone to eat lunch with," I told her. I had to admit I was a bit surprised to hear her say that she had a knew friend. She was one of the most antisocial people I had ever met when she was at school. It was surprising this new friend wasn't scared of her.

"I know. It's so much nicer than trying to read and eat at the same time," she responded with a chuckle. Her coordination level was very low so eating and reading had always caused a big mess. I had no idea how she had managed to do it up until now without all her books being covered in peanut butter. I let a laugh escape my lips as I slipped into my bunk.

"So, enough about boring school. Where are you guys today?" she questioned. I could hear some rustling coming from the background and I figured she was picking out her clothes.

"We just finished up the show in LA and tomorrow we're playing San Diego," I responded. Now it was my turn to be cheery. I couldn't wait to play again tomorrow.

"Sounds like fun," she told me. She didn't sound very happy. I knew us leaving was hard on her and I wish it wasn't but I guess she would get used to it eventually once we started touring more often. 

"It is. It's be more fun if you were here, though," I told her trying not to sound too sappy. I was so close to living my dream, but it wouldn't be one hundred percent right until Chelsea could come on tour with us.

"Oh, talking about me being there, I was thinking about college. Maybe I could go to school online and come on tour with you guys when I graduate if my dad'll go for it," she suggest. She had never spoke better words. Having her here would make me so happy.

"That sounds like the best idea ever. You should talk to him about it," I told her, imagining having her here every day. I'd wake up next to her everyday, run off stage into her arms everyday. What could be better?