Those Three Little Words

Song: To Love And Back by This Century

Chelsea

I must of spent hours crying and Oliver didn't say anything. He just rubbed my back and let me cry. After awhile, I wiped away my tears. My hands became black from my makeup. God, I probably looked like a raccoon now with my makeup all smeared. I looked up at Oliver and he looked down at me with a sad smile.

"Your dad seems quite like a douche bag," he commented, making me smile. I could always count on him to make me smile. 

"Thanks for staying while he was here," I told him. I was so grateful for him being there the whole time. I needed him to be there.

"Any time," he replied. I reached up and planted a quick kiss on his lips. I sat up and wiped my eyes again. He pulled me closer to him. "You wanna finish the movie?" he asked a bit hopefully. I smiled again and nodded. He grabbed the remote and hit play.

After the movie was finished, he said he should be going because it was getting late. I hadn't realized that it was already eight o'clock. I walked him to the door and we just kind of stood there. He reached down for a kiss. It was soft and sweet. I loved how his lips felt on mine. I kissed him back hoping if I did he would stay longer. He pulled away a bit reluctantly gasping for air.

"I'll text you before I go to bed," he told me and I nodded. I opened the door still not wanting him to leave. After today, I really wished he could spend the night and we could just watch movies all night so I could hopefully forget about my dad.

"Will you come over tomorrow before my mum gets home?" I questioned hopefully. My mum wouldn't be home until five so if he came over around lunch time, we would have a few hours together.

"Of course," he responded. He took my face in his hands and gave me another kiss. "I love you, Chels," he whispered. I loved the way it sounded when he said it. He was pretty much the only person who had ever told me that and it just sounded amazing.

"I love you, too, Oli," I replied with a smile. He smiled back. I kind of hoped he was thinking that the way I said it sounded amazing, too.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I called after he as he walked to the sidewalk. He turned around and blew me a kiss. I giggled at him and he continued walking. I shut the door a bit reluctantly and headed upstairs. 

I changed into my pajamas, which were just an oversized t-shirt and shorts. I crawled into bed and started thinking about what Oliver had told me. I still had a hard time thinking that someone could love me. My own mother didn't love me, so how could someone else? I guess this made him boyfriend now, right?

Oliver

I felt bad for leaving Chelsea when I could tell she was still a bit upset, but I knew my parents would be mad if I came home much later. As I opened the door, I could hear my parents talking and laughing in the living room. I couldn't imagine having parents that hadn't spoken in ten years and didn't love each other.

"Oli, how was Chelsea's?" my mum asked as I passed the living room on my way up the stairs. I paused with my foot on the first step. I didn't really want to talk about what had happened. I was still trying to come to terms with it myself.

"Well, her dad showed up," I responded quietly. I hadn't told either of my parents that her dad left when she was young. My mum gave me a confused look. "He left when she was five," I explained. 

"Oh," was all my mum said. A sad expression came over her face. "How did Chelsea take it?" She asked after a few moments. 

"Well, she yelled at him for a few minutes and then she seemed calm, but after he left she cried for about an hour," I replied, trying to push the thought of her crying in my arms out of my head. I ran a hand through my hair hoping she wouldn't ask too many questions. 

"That must have been lovely," my mum commented sarcastically. She blew out a sigh. I could tell my mum had really taken a liking to Chelsea. Maybe it was because she was the only girl who had ever talked to me. 

"Before you came home, your dad and I were saying that we would like to get to know Chelsea a bit more," she started. Oh, this was going to be good. "So, we were hoping you could invite her over for dinner tomorrow," she finished. I groaned innerly. Having to spend dinner with my parents, my brother, and Chelsea seemed like torture. Even if my mum did seem to like her, I certainly didn't think it was a good idea, but what was I suppose to say?

"I'll ask her if she's free," I told her a bit annoyed. After today all I wanted to do tomorrow was watch movies with Chelsea and hope her dad didn't make another appearance, but it didn't look like that was going to happen.  

I ran upstairs and pulled out my phone. I practically collapsed on the bed. Today had tired me out. I quickly texted Chelsea to see if she was free. 

Me: Hey. Change of plans. Could you come over my house for dinner tomorrow instead of me going over your house?

Chelsea: Sure. why?

Me: My parents want to "get to know you better"

Chelsea: Sounds lovely. What time?

Me: We usually have dinner around 6

Chelsea: I'll be over around 6 then :) and thanks again for today

Me: it really wasn't a problem

Chelsea: I know, but it meant a lot that you stayed

"Oli, did u ask Chelsea?" my mum called up the steps. I groaned knowing that she would now have to ask me a million questions about Chelsea's diet so she would know what to make.

Me: I'll text you later my mum's calling me. I love you xo

Chelsea: ok luv u 2 xo :)

I stared at the text for a few moments. I could definitely get used to texting that. And saying it. I just loved her so much.