11. Gerard Way is Hella Gay and His Dad is a Dick

Gerard Way was pretty fucking sick of his dad. Mr. Way was pretty fucking sick of his oldest son, too. The two didn't get along. They never have and never will.

Mr. Way was always gone. That was enough to make Gerard hate his father. But the fact that Gerard had to drag his brother all the way from New Jersey to Los Angeles made it worse. The worst part was, and the most ironic, Mr. Way spent no time with his sons.

"He's always gone. Why do we even come here?" Gerard asked, kicking his dad's expensive table.

"Don't kick it. Dad will get mad."

"I don't give a shit. He's not a dad. He pays for things, but he's not a dad."

"Gerard, maybe if you calmed down a bit, then you wouldn't hate-"

"I am calm! I'm so fucking calm I could be dead right now!" Gerard was anything but calm. He had been kicking the table for thirty minutes because he didn't know what else to do. He wasn't going to text Frank and tell him his sob story because he didn't want Frank apart of that.

"You're just mad because you can't see Frank."

"No, I'm not."

"Yeah. You are. It's okay to miss him. Please don't take it out on everyone else."

"I'm fine. Shut the fuck up."

"Whatever. You're just mad because your boyfriend isn't here to give..." Mikey Way was cut off by his father's sudden appearance. Gerard stopped kicking the table as well.

"Boyfriend, Gerard?" Mr. Way cocked his eyebrow.

-

Frank Iero hadn't been to school in a week. He was pretending to be sick so his parents didn't force him to school. Gerard hadn't made any efforts to call or even come over, so Frank was more worried about how Gerard felt about their relationship rather than where the fuck Gerard was and why the hell he wasn't calling.

Obviously, Frank really, really liked Gerard. Come on, who didn't really like Gerard Way. He was everything Frank wanted in a boyfriend: sexy, adorable, loving, and sassy. There was nothing Frank could point out that Gerard didn't have going for him. Gerard was perfect. And Frank was not perfect.

Well, Gerard Way would've disagreed with Frank on that subject, but that's how Frank felt. And that's what Frank pinned himself.

Patrick Stump's little stunt with the camera made Frank rethink his entire relationship with Gerard. He didn't want Gerard to humiliate him the way that Patrick had. He didn't want to be thrown away by the guy he really, really liked.

"I hate this..." Frank breathed to himself, feeling all the feelings that could've ever been felt. Because on one hand, he loved, yes loved, Gerard Way so much. On the other hand, he hated Gerard Way for leaving him without calling, texting, or emailing. He hated Gerard because if it wasn't for him, then Patrick wouldn't have actually noticed his existence.

-

Gerard Way was hella gay, well Gerard was still pan, but he acted like a stereo typical gay guy with his comebacks and sassiness. But his father didn't know about him being pansexual because his father was gone all the time.

"Yeah, Dad, I've got a boyfriend."

"You're gay?"

"No. I'm pansexual."

"Is that something the kids say that means gay?" Gerard rolled his eyes. His father was a fucking idiot when it came to sexualities and even genders. In his mind it was gay or straight, man or woman.

"Dad, I'm bisexual... I like girls and boys... Gerard likes everyone..."

"There are only two genders. You can't like both. You're both gay?" Mr. Way was anything but supportive of gay people. He believed the phrase 'God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.'

"We're not gay, dad. I am pansexual, which means I basically love everyone and stuff like that. Yes, I have a boyfriend. Mikey is bisexual. He likes both men and women..."

"Get out. Now. Just get out."

Gerard Way wasn't as upset as Mikey Way by their father's reaction. So, being the older brother, Gerard Way led Mikey to their rooms and packed for his younger brother.

"I can't believe your mother let you make this choice! What is wrong with her? Obviously, I haven't been a good father..."

"I wonder what gave you notion? I mean, it's not like you haven't been around for ten years. Like I wonder why your son would choose something so horrible, something that isn't a choice," Gerard rolled his eyes, trying his best to leave as quickly as possible.

"Obviously. I'm going to call your mother. I'll be home in a few weeks."

And with that Gerard Way dragged his younger brother from the house, suit cases in one hand and Mikey in the other. Then, he threw his brother in the passenger's seat of his car and the luggage in the trunk.

"He hates us..." Mikey murmured as Gerard began to drive. Gerard shrugged. He knew his father would act like that. He knew that his dad would say he was going to come home. "Will he actually-"

"No. He won't. Our dad doesn't live up to promises."

-

A/N:

I relate to that last sentence in this fucking story wayyyyy too much. Lol. Dad issues.