21. Pete Wentz Actually Cares About his Sort of Boyfriend

The summer came to a close, which also ended Gerard's grounding. But Gerard didn't care because Frank always snuck out to see him or vice versa. The two never spent a night alone over the course of the summer.

But then, school was starting and that meant Frank was busy. And that Gerard had to go to college. That meant he couldn't see Frank everyday. But, Gerard didn't want to go to college. He wanted to fuck around for a year. His parents were less than pleased to know that their son hadn't went to registration for the college of their choice.

-

Pete Wentz was in tears. He heard Patrick was going across the country. Black tear tracks were on his cheeks as he sniffed and rocked himself back and forth.

"Baby, it's only till Christmas. I'll be back for your birthday. I'll be back during the summer. Don't think I won't miss you," Patrick Stump said, trying to get Pete to calm down.

"You're leaving me! I'm sorry I cheated on you! I love you, Patrick! I don't want you to go! Stay here!" He was screaming like a baby. He didn't want Patrick to leave him. He would've had no one. And as much as he hated to admit it, he actually cared for Patrick Stump.

"I love you, too. Now just calm down!" Patrick tried to help him. But the crying didn't end.

"I'm sorry! I'm a piece of shit. But please don't leave me! Don't leave me!" Pete was clinging to Patrick's arm.

"I don't even have school till August twentieth. Now come on. That's like two weeks away."

"But that's not enough time!" Pete was hysterical and Patrick really didn't know how to calm him down. He didn't know what to do or what to say. He awkwardly patted his shoulder, trying to help the situation. "What am I suppose to do? Wait until you come back?"

"You don't have to. I understand if you want to break up..." Pete began wailing again. He really didn't understand why he was crying. He just didn't like the idea of being left, especially by his sort of boyfriend. "If sex and eyeliner is the only reason you're doing this, I dunno what to say."

"No. PATRICK!" He screamed as the older boy left the car. "Get back in this car and love me, asshole!" Pete jumped out and followed Patrick.

"Catch me." It was a fucking game of chase. Pete felt stupid running down the street with black tear marks down his face, even if it made him look pretty fucking emo, but he wanted Patrick. And Patrick was fucking fast.

"Asshole!" Pete finally caught Patrick's hand, making him stop.

"Hey, hey..." Patrick said. Pete was still really upset. He didn't know what to do. He would actually miss Patrick and that said a lot because both Pete and Patrick were kind of terrible people, considering they both tried to make Frank Iero's sophomore year a living hell because he was close to the Way brothers, which was pretty fucking shallow of them.

"I..."

"I'll send you money so you can buy eyeliner daily. I will call you everyday. Don't worry."

"I want you, Patrick. I care about you. I care about you more than eyeliner." And that was one of the most emo things that made Pete number one emo in his town for a few minutes before his emo rival shit all over it with being way more emo. But Pete didn't care because he actually gave a fuck about more things than MySpace being dead and black makeup. And one of those things he cared about was a who and it was Patrick fucking Stump, his sort of boyfriend.

-

A/N:
This last paragraph is my life rn tbh. Only I say I'm not emo, even though I'm definitely still emo. My fringe may have went away, but I will be an emo dad when I grow up.