Chapter 34

Meoquamee's POV

I have to get out of here. I can't take it, I can't! It's one thing for Bram and James to torture me, but I can't take it from Janie. We were raised together, we were like sisters before she changed. She knows everything about me including my fears, she knows how to up the physiological trauma until my sanity finally cracks, and that scares me.

I've been concentrating on keeping Melle out so he won't know anything, but even my control on the bond is slowly slipping away. I've only been here a few days and I already know I won't last, and the worst part is they haven't done anything major to me yet. Just kept me locked away, feeding me twice a day. Occasionally a slap or to but all in all, it's not that bad, though I  know better then to get comfortable.

Sighing I lean back against the wall it's cold and dark and loud in here. I feel a link coming through but this one isn't from Melle, puzzled I let up my barriers.

"Meoquamee! Amee, can you hear me?!" Kilala's panicked voice sounds around my head. I can't help but give a small smile knowing Ki had been accepted.

"Yes."

"Oh, thank the moon! Amee listen I don't know why you're blocking Melle out but I have a message for you from him and don't you dare block me out before I've finished!"

I mentally sigh "Fine."

"We don't know where you are but we do know Janie is to blame. We need your help, you have to get someone to help you on that side someone who can relay information to you so you can link us and we can find you."

"No."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?!"

"I will not have you guys risking your necks to help me Ki, I know you won't understand but it's better this way."

"No it's not, Amee you can't just give up!"

"Yes I can and I am. It's my life Ki. I know if I don't get away, I'll die but I'm okay with that. You've got your mate, and Melle will find his, and I won't have to deal with Bram or James or Janie."

"You can't be serious. Melle won't survive if you die Amee."

"Why not? He's a strong Alpha, and-"

"Please just talk to him it's not my place to tell you."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't!"

"You know what I think? I think you're scared to talk to him because you know if you do, you'll lose your will to die. Isn't that right?"

"Kilala it's for the best."

"No, it's not! Stop being so selfish!"

"I am not being selfish I'm being sensible, I'm excepting what I can't change."

"But you do have a chance to change this, you just have to talk to Melle!"

"Fine, you want me to talk I'll talk but it won't change anything."

Shutting the link before she can respond I reach out for Melle and almost instantly I'm flooded with his reassuring presence. Ki was right about me being afraid of linking Melle, not that I'd ever tell her though.

"Melle?"

"Oh, Amee! I'm so sorry I should have told you, I should have been there, I shoul-"

"Calm down, it's alright. I'm alright."

There's a pause as he takes a breath

"I know this is going to be hard for you to understand and I know you might not believe me and you'll probably be angry, but please let me say everything before you react."

"Alright..."

"You aren't Bram's mate. Janie is, that's why she's angry with you, she blames you for his rejection."

"That makes sense."

"You do have a mate though. To be more exact me. I should have told you but I was afraid of how you would take it and how the pack would feel so instead I tried just being your boyfriend, but when Bram surfaced my wolf was going crazy with the fear something would happen to you. That's why I ask you to join the pack, but then my father came wanting me to mate with Adelaide, and I tried to hide you away from him. That obviously didn't work but that's why I kept pushing you away. I'm sorry I'm a terrible excuse for a mate but I really do want you. Please say you'll help us find you. Please..." His voice cracks slightly on his last plea.

I feel happy and hurt at the same time. My mind is screaming how he doesn't deserve my forgiveness, how he just stood by and watched as I was abused. But my heart says it was partly my fault I never told him about the abuse, and I pushed him away too. I used him to get Kilala to her mate, and at least he wants me now, maybe there is a reason to fight after all....

"Alright, what do you want me to do?"

"Find someone who wants out, someone who'll be able to get you information you can link back."

"How will I know who to trust?"

"That I can't help you with, but don't reveal you're my mate or that you can still mind link."

"Okay. I miss you."

"I miss you too, but don't worry we'll be together soon."

"Someone's coming, I have to go."

"Please don't block my links later"

"I won't."

The door opens just as the link closes. In walks a beautiful girl, with brown eyes and gorgeous black curls which complements her pale complexion nicely. She looks a little younger then me, and unlike the others her eyes aren't hard there's a certain gentleness to them that makes me instantly feel like I've found a friend.

"Here's your food, I'm sorry it's not much but it's better then nothing. Right?"

Her taking the time to care about my well being makes me feel like crying out of thanks, she is the first to even speak to me other then to give an order or an insult.

"Are you alright miss?"

I nod, wiping my eyes before taking the tray she offers me.

"What's you name?"

"Meoquamee, but you can call me Amee. What's yours?"

"Vanessa."

"That's a beautiful name, one of my best friends in junior high was named Vanessa."

"Really what happened to her?"

"Last I heard she moved to New York to become an actress."

"Wow, did she make it?"

I shrug "I don't know, we lost contact after she left."

She nods "Well it was nice talking with you but I've got to go now."

I wave as she leaves before linking Melle.

"I think I've found someone."