Chapter 17

Oh My Ice Cream Sandwich!!! 1k views this is crazy!!!!

Melle's POV

"Meoquamee I would like to introduce you to the Beta and Delta." I gesture to Truett. "This is Beta Truett, whom you have already met." Truett nods with a smile. "And this is Delta James."

Meoquamee visible pales and gasps as she stumbles back away from James. Her eyes wide.

"Amee?"

Her eyes shoot to me and it is then that I see her panicked expression.

"Are you alright?"

She gulps "Y-yes A-alpha, I was just startled because I didn't realize that D-delta J-James was so close."

I know she's lying, and her stuttering only confirms her fear which she has now mask behind an indifferent expression. As much as I want answers I stop myself from pressing her further.

"M-may I be excused, Alpha?"

I frown but agree as she shoots out of my office like a fox with it's tail on fire. Soon James leave saying something about getting a snack. As the door shuts I sit down propping my feet up on my desk, before asking Truett my question.

"Was it just me or did my mate seem scared?"

Truett nods "Melle I don't mean this bad but she didn't just seem scared, she seemed scared of James. Maybe you should talk to her, she might know something we don't."

I think for a minute, it's true she might, she spent time with the rogues, and James was a rogue before he stumbled onto my territory all beat up, and knocking on deaths door. But then again he had shown nothing but trustworthiness and loyalty. He had became my Delta for crying out loud. I liked to think of him as a friend, a close friend. But what if I was wrong?

I stand up and walk over to the window, gazing at the forest. As I watch I see a man run in to the trees, probably anxious to shift.

"What do you think of my mate?"

"She seems nice, very respectful, and you know she's got to be something special, she can mind link for crying out loud!"

I smile "She is special, True. I've never met anyone as wonderful as she is, she always looks gorgeous no matter what, and she's smart and funny."

"You've got it bad, man."

"I know, but I can't help but feel she's hiding something from me, something or someone."

"Why would she do that?"

"Well probably to protect someone, but who?"

"Well I guess you'll need to talk to the Luna about that."

"I told you, True, she may be my mate but she's still the Omega until I can-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Have you even explained to her about being her mate? Have you told her, as your mate even though no on knows, she'll gets special treatment even if her rank is Omega?"

I sigh, "No, True, I haven't."

"Why not, do you really think she'll figure it out on her own?"

"No, but it's complicated."

"How is it complicated?"

"It just is."

"That isn't a good enough answer."

"Look if I showed her special favors the rest of the pack would turn on her completely, and that is what I'm trying to avoid, her being rejected completely. They already treat her coldly as it is."

Truett rest his hand on my shoulder "I just worry the Luna might get hurt and won't tell anyone."

"I made her promise she would tell if anyone ever hurt her."

"Promises can be broken even promises to your mate."

I nod he's right. Meoquamee probably wouldn't tell me if someone hurt her, she hadn't even wanted to tell me about the abuse she suffered from Bram, I had to piece it together. So why would she want to tell me about someone from my own pack, she'd probably be afraid I wouldn't believe her, probably thinks I'd take my packs side over hers. But I wouldn't, maybe I would if she wasn't my mate, and I'm not proud of that but she is and I wouldn't.

"I'm gonna go run the borders for awhile, just think it over. Okay?"

I nod and he leaves. I glance at my phone, it reads four-forty five. I wonder what's for dinner, I sure am hungry maybe I should get a snack. I open my desk drawer and retrieve my bag of pretzels settling down I try to focus on my paperwork but it's hard when my mind keeps wandering.

Before I know it's Five-thirty, and time for dinner. As I make my way to the dining room I begin to smell the scent of salsa and beef there's something sweet in the air also but I can quite put my finger on it.

When I sit down my mouth is already watering. Many of the pack members are already sitting down and friendly chatter fills the room, I quickly scan the room for my mate hoping she's made some friends and is sitting with them but she is nowhere to be seen.

The door to the kitchen swings open and out comes Meoquamee, her arms piled with plates and a cheerful smile on her face. She serves me and Truett then James, who says something to low for me to hear in the noisy hubbub, to which her smile is immediately replaced with an impressive expression, as she serves the rest of the hungry mouths.

Meoquamee doesn't come out again until everyone has finished. She then clears away the plates, quickly replacing them with huge platters of churros still warm from the oven. I recognized there scent as the sweet one I couldn't identify earlier.

Moans of delight could be heard throughout the room as the delectable dish was sampled. Amee looks pleased that everyone is enjoyed the meal she'd prepared.

"Good meal Amee, it was wonderful"

"Thank you Melle I'm glad you enjoyed it."

"Sooo what plans do you have later?"

"Oh you know I thought I'd mix up some pancake batter for tomorrow breakfast and then call it a night."

"Oh... can I help you make the batter?"

"No! Uh I mean no I already have help and you know what they say "To many cooks spoil the soup" right."

I have to say being turned down hurt... a lot but I dropped it. There's something bothering me, her answer it was... to quick. Am I just jealous? Maybe, but I don't think so.....

Meoquamee's POV

Hearing Melle's praise makes me feel indescribably happy that is until I remember the Delta's words at dinner.

"Meet me after dinner in the cells, and don't even think about skipping."

Probably a torture session. So why you ask would I go? Simple I need proof, proof of who he is, proof of his affiliations with certain people, and proof of his true nature.

I know werewolves and especially Alphas are very possessive so all I have to do is wait if I keep pushing Melle away he's gonna get fed up and come after me (hopefully before I die) and when he does he'll find the truth. At least I hope he will.

Welp I guess it's time, yay me, not.