Chapter 11

Meoquamee's POV

I can't help but let out a sigh when I finally arrive home. I really liked it here but I should have known better than to think it could stay this good.

Kilala was waiting for me when I walked in she looked so excited and more alive than I've ever seen her.

"Soooo how'd it go?" She raises an eyebrow and grins "And don't spare the details girl, I can smell him on you."

"Ki, get your mind out of the gutter. You smell like him because I had a meltdown and he had to carry me." I hold up my had to stop her as she opens her mouth to protest. "And yes before you ask we did kiss."

Her jaw drops "YOU WHAT?"

Glad to know you care about my meltdown.

"Kissed, Ki we kissed. Now retract your claws because we've got more important issues at hand than me kissing your mortal foe."

"Like what?" She snaps.

"Bram."

"Oh my god Amee are you okay did he hurt you, Melle should have protected you. If he let Bram hurt you I swear to you I'll skin him alive with a silver knife for good measure."

"You know it's a good thing we're friends because you really scare me sometimes. You know that?"

She laughs but then stops "If Bram saw you then we've got to leave right away. I guess my mate will have to wait." She sighs.

"I'm sorry Ki, I know it's hard but I promise you, you'll be together soon."

She gives me a small smile before she heads to the bedroom and starts packing. It doesn't take long to pack up since we didn't have that much to start with, we always knew the day might come when we'd have to make another run for it so we always tried to keep it simple.

We're staying one more night since tomorrow's payday, and we're definitely going to need the money.

--------------

I feel sad knowing this will be the last time I'm going to walk in The Bread Box but at least I won't have to deal with Mr. Adams anymore.
As usual Mr. Adams is extremely late but today I don't mind it as much as I usually do.

As I'm eating lunch my phone chimes signaling a text from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey beautiful.

Meoquamee: Who is this?

Unknown: How's my girl been?

Meoquamee: I think you have the wrong number.

Unknown: I missed you.

Meoquamee: Bram?

Unknown: Good to know you still remember your boyfriend.

Meoquamee: You aren't my boyfriend.

Unknown: Your right I'm not your boyfriend I'm your mate.

Meoquamee: No you're not.

Unknown: I'll see you very soon but in the meantime don't over work yourself after all baking all day can be tiring.

Meoquamee: How do you know I'm baking?

Unknown: Tell Adams I said hello.

I've got to get out of here he knows I'm here he's always known I was here. He could have caught me anytime he still can!

At least I know why Mr. Adams hates me and why he was rude to Melle.

Melle's POV

''She just drove off, should I trail her?"