Chapter 30

Kilala's POV

The short time I had with Amee flew by and all to soon we stood at the boarder saying our goodbyes as we parted ways.

"I'm gonna miss you, girl."

"It won't be forever Ki, you know I'm only staying long enough for Darek to get help from other Alphas."

"Amee, you know it won't be that easy, do you really think Bram is just going to let you walk out the door?"

"I escaped once I can do it again." She stares off into the woods unwilling to meet my gaze.

"Do you honestly believe that?"

She smiles softly, before her eyes glaze over signaling she's mind linking someone. Strange that she can since she crossed the boundary line for Melle's pack, when I became a rogue the link snapped as soon as I stepped across.

"Freda's going to come and escort you to your mate so you won't have to worry about getting there safely."

I can't help but throw my arms around her neck in an excited hug, she's the best friend I could ever hope for! She laughs gently before returning the hug.

"Now remember your promise."

"I will." She pulls away and smiles, "She's here."

Turning I see a woman in her mid twenties with auburn hair and soft brown eyes, waiting at the boarder. She smiles at me, before turning her gaze to Amee and sadness crawls over her features.

"Amee, please, please don't do this. Alpha Melle has been going crazy since you left, I... I don't know what you guys were, but it's obviously hurting him to be without you. I've never seen him like this."

"I was just his way of getting information on the rogues, he'll find another way soon enough."

"It's more then that, Amee. I know you must have your reasons for leaving but it's hurting everyone in the pack. Even Elder Bodolf has been moping around, and you should taste the food we've had to suffer through!"

She shudders while making a disgusted face, Amee laughs before shaking her head.

"I'm sure it's not that bad, Freda."

"Trust me, it is."

"Freda, I need you to take Kilala to the pack house safely, it's important she isn't caught until she's found her mate and they've accepted each other. No one will dare hurt much less kill her if she's with her mate."

Freda nods "We've got to hurry if you want to get in without being spotted."

And so, with a final hug goodbye, I crossed over into Blue Moon Territory, and followed Freda away from everything I had and towards my mate. My only thought being "Please accept me, my love"

Meoquamee's POV

I watched as Freda lead Ki off into the woods before sighing, at least one of us will get our happily ever after.

The journey to Darek's pack was short and since they seemed to be expecting me I had no trouble reaching the pack house. After I knocked, the door opened to reveal none other then the Alpha himself, when he saw me his face lit up with a grin.

"You came!"

I nod "Are they here yet?"

"No but we're expecting them anytime now. Please come in and sit down while you wait."

He leads me into a large room crammed with overstuffed chairs and coaches. The walls are painted a light grey color that matches the rug and upholstery, teal pillows embroidered with grey designs, match the curtains, tying it all together. It was pretty although it wasn't my style.

He sat down in one of the chairs and motions for me to sit opposite him.

"So tell me, why did you leave him."

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"You must have had your reasons, have you tried talking to him about them?"

"One does not simply talk to Bram."

He frowns "He's your mate."

I shrug leaning back into the soft back of the chair. "So?"

"So, as your mate he'll listen to you."

I can't help but snort at that one. "Yeah that'll be the day."

"Mates love each other they, they'll listen to each other even if they won't listen to anyone else, and most importantly they'd never hurt each other, even rogues act this way it's how we're made."

"Yeah? Well, Bram's mate instincts most have been broken as a baby because he's nothing like that."

"What do you mean?"

I shrug. "It's just... he doesn't do what you described. He's different." I look down and fumble with my shirt.

"Meoquamee... has he... has he ever hit you?" Towards the end of his sentence his voice is so quite I can barely hear it.

I shrug "It doesn't matter, you can't run from fate, right?"

He's silent for a few minutes, before a young man runs in with, wide fear filled eyes.

"They're here, Alpha."

Darek nods before standing "Very well we'll be there shortly."

The boy nods before turning and scurrying away. Darek extends his hand, helping me up. "I promise, after I get some back-up I'll come for you."

"I hope I can hold you to that."

"You can."

As we walk outside I see several wolves I recognize as well as a cloaked figure standing in the shadows of the forest.

"Here she is, as promised." Wow does that make me sound like a virgin sacrifice or what? Which come to think of it I kind of am...

Before I can dwell on that disturbing thought, two wolves come up pushing me away from Darek and towards the figure. As I get closer I notice the figure is to small to be Bram's six foot some inches, and not broad enough in build.

Finally I come to a stop in front of them, they push the hood of their cloak back enough to reveal their face. "Bram was busy I hope you don't mind."

To say I'm shocked is an understatement one would think if Bram really wanted me back enough to almost destroy a neighboring pack he would've at least had the decency to show up himself but no he sends someone else to collect his trophy of victory. How disgusting.