Chapter 15

Melle's POV

After I completed the blood sharing ceremony with Meoquamee our bond has strengthened even more. I wasn't sure if she could feel it but I certainly did.

I hated to leave her alone when she was in pain. I can't seem to sleep, I know it's because she isn't with me, but then again I also know I won't be sharing a room let alone a bed with my mate for awhile. After all I still have to change my pack's opinion of humans. Well actually only of Meoquamee I don't really care about how they feel about humans in general.

I sigh and lean forward folding my arms atop my desk and resting my head on top of them. I'm so tired so very tired, I should check on Amee she always makes me feel better.

Suddenly an earpiecing scream echoes through the quiet pack house!

"Go to our mate now!"

"Why what's wrong shouldn't we check out who screamed first?"

"She's the one who screamed, genius!"

I race to her room only to find the door locked but with my wolf taking control it didn't stand much of a chance. The first thing I notice is Meoquamee crumpled in the corner rocking back and forth, whimpering and holding her head.

"Amee?"

She looks up startled her eyes are filled with such fear and confusion. She watches me like a trapped animal waiting for their captor to attack. I take a step forward only for her to scramble further into the corner.

"Keep everyone away from the pack house."

"Yes Alpha."

After linking Truett, I know I need to get her to calm down but how do I do that when I can't get close enough to touch her? What scared her this bad?

"Meoquamee, it's me, Melle."

She just stares at me.

"Baby what's wrong? Why'd you scream?"

I try again but again I get no response. Taking a step forward I decide to take a different approach.

"Meoquamee, I'm going to come over and sit beside you okay?"

I feel so weird, maybe I'm feeling her emotions, but that would be impossible because if I could feel her emotions I could feel her pain and I haven't felt anything.

She nods slowly but still watches me wearily.

Sitting next to her I do something I never thought I'd do in my life. I started to softly sing her a song my grandmother used to sing to me when I couldn't sleep. Hey, don't judge, it worked, After a minute or so she hesitantly reached over and wrapped her arms around me as her tears began to soak my shirt.

After awhile, she sighs and pulls away gently.

"Thanks." She mumbles softly staring down at her hands.

I reach out and stroke her cheek brushing a few stray hair out of her face.

"I told you I'll always be there for you, no matter what."